The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRT8 big brakes

alibabba

Attached you will see the kit that I purchased from America via the SRT8 FaceBook group along with a close up of the front mounting brackets.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BremboAdaptersByECP/

Firstly, the front calipers must have a slot cut into them to clear a hub bolt on the Supra. Depending on what size wheels determines how much of the caliper shoulders require flattening. They were designed to fit under 22" Jeep wheels so anything smaller may require some work. I, or the SRT8 don't have a techincal drawing or cutaway of a caliper there will still be doubt surrounding this. Even making the slot to clear the hub isn't without some risk.

The SRT8 group has been doing the conversions since 2014 sometime. Loads of different cars have been done including the Supra. No one has reported so far a failure to my knowledge.

My calipers have had more material than most taken off at the time when me and David did it in 2015. We proceeded to what had already done by previous owners, and a little more until they only just fitted under my current AXE AP30 wheels. The shoulder area of the caliper is particularly thick here and still substantial after modification. Other than general driving about, they have done hard stops outside Silverstone for about an hour when mapping the gearbox, several 100 mile round trips to work and back, and a full day of driving from Milton Keynes, to Norfolk, to Oxford and back to MK during a heat wave day in the summer. I know this is not conclusive evidence that they have not been stressed in some way, but they have no thin areas and remain very chunky.

Brake_Cut.jpg

Brake_Bracket.jpg

11403344_990672500945980_6922637842185058389_n.jpg

11745874_10155753449605034_6699166421509125909_n.jpg

• 1 year later...