The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Downpipe

SimonR

Feck! Just as I thought that I had all the bits that I needed for upgrading, I found out tonight that I also need the following:

JZA80 3" downpipe to go from the single turbo to the zorst. Preferably with a flange for an 02 sensor.

Oil return line (to return from the single turbo).

Exhaust manifold gaskets for a 1jz-gte (this one's a long shot).

Can anyone help?

Yes...well...that would have been good if it had been the right pipe. Here's a pic that I nicked off the Vortex site (thanks). I got a pipe like the one on the right. I wanted something like the one on the left.

Anyone want to buy a nice new HKS mid-pipe?

This is proving to be more difficult than I expected. The supplier arranged for the midpipe to be picked up and a downpipe provided in replacement. You can guess what I actually received...another midpipe exactly the same as the previous one.

I wonder if this is a terminology problem. I know what I mean but suppilers appear not to. I sent pictures to the supplier to avoid confusion but that didn't work.

Can anyone suggest a term that is less likely to lead to this confusion again?

• 3 weeks later...
I got an ssautochrome downpipe, it has a v-band connector for the tubbie, and the correct exhaust flange so that I can put the 2nd cat back on for MOT time...
If only they would reply to my emails...

I have investigated the custom route. High quotes and I'm not sure that they know what I'm talking about. Abbey initially made some positive noises but seem to have lost interest.

This is starting to wind me up. I have a Supra engine (Jezzybabes), GT3040 plus manifold (Gamer), 1JZ-GTE head (Steve Smith), head gasket (Mad K), 800cc injectors, AEM wideband, HKS BOV, wastegate, custom oil line kit etc etc etc waiting to go in my car and it's all being held up because I can't get a poxy downpipe. :complain:

Guest Terry S

it all depends on the header type as to what DP will fit. I know of a second hand DP/MP for and HKS type. Also is the turbo a V band outlet?

Guest Terry S
Turbo should take V band, which I've just bought from the Big Stylee garage clearout. Does the one that you know of have a flexi section?

What turbo is it??

Yes it has a flex, but it is also for an HKS GT Wastegate. You need to consider that too. If you tell me who's the kit is I may be able to help you

Guest Terry S

yeah sorry my PC crashed.

This one has the WG rerouted so you would need to get the end welded over, you OK with that?

Also, doubt he will want to split so you may be better off sending the Midpipes back

still interested?

Downpipe and midpipe combo 3" for single turbo conversion will be £250.

It will be at Phoenix in Watford, its coming off TAZ (our supra) so I can upgrade to BL exhaust.

Successful bidder must pickup form Phoenix, who can also fit if necessary.

Fitting costs should be negotiated with Mark at Phoenix.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.