The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre size

ben_harmer32

Those wheels are too narrow for the Supra. Stock wheels are 17x8" & 17x9.5", you're too small at the rear. So, even stock width tyres are too big.

Get some wider wheels.

Wheels are stupid rare. Took me ages to find. I'm going to look into having them made wider, if even possible. Until then need them on my car :)

Here you go mate- http://www.tyresizecalculator.com/charts/tire-width-for-a-wheel-rim-size-chart

however as said aboev they are a bit narrow and they are fake split rims iirc so wont be able to make them bigger, assuming your talking about the racing harts

yeah it is the racing hearts. thanks for the website:)

Edited by ben_harmer32 (see edit history)

I'm thinking 255/30/19 rear and 235/35/19 front

That width would fit fine, i have a 255 on a 8.5" rim that i track and its grand. I haven't worked out the side profiles but have them as close to the stock difference as possible. Rear width on the rear wheel is a bit off but the OEM 16" had a 9" width so its not too bad with the OEM tyre widths.

That width would fit fine, i have a 255 on a 8.5" rim that i track and its grand. I haven't worked out the side profiles but have them as close to the stock difference as possible. Rear width on the rear wheel is a bit off but the OEM 16" had a 9" width so its not too bad with the OEM tyre widths.

Wouldn't you be better off with a slightly narrower tyre especially on track, less movement of the

tyre on the rim, think i'd be fitting a 235 on a 8.5" rim to help reduce the movement and overheating

the tread blocks of a rd tyre

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)