The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra sales down?

cered

If I hadn't found a nice TT I'd have been after a single by now. Such a lot of car for the money and a couple good ones on offer.

Talking with my brother, I can guess why people aren't buying them. He doesn't see the point in fast cars any more, as traffic round here is so heavy. You literally can't out accelerate a 1.2 Honda Jizz, there just isn't any road free to do it on. And so while his diesel golf is soulless and numb to drive, it does have comfy seats, working aircon, bluetooth audio, stupid amounts of boot space and about enough shove to be a decent car.

Think there is another category, people who fancy a sports car, be it because of Mid Life crisis.

I had my mid life crisis early, bought my first 6 cylinder at 19 and had 6 or 8 ers ever since in the stable. Now I am entering mid life crisis era I'm thinking of buying a Nissan Leaf.

I had my mid life crisis early, bought my first 6 cylinder at 19 and had 6 or 8 ers ever since in the stable. Now I am entering mid life crisis era I'm thinking of buying a Nissan Leaf.

My step dad just got one, he flipping loves it. Hilariously fast acceleration up to 30 too.

Im starting to think I might be heading the same way... fast cars that keep progressively getting faster until I peak and end up buying a boat to sail around the countryside in :D

Prices are dropping on all performance cars. I'm looking at the moment for additions to my flock of cars and the prices of 'exotic' cars are tumbling or set on too high and not budging. Be it the winter effect or the Brexit effect doesn't matter to me as I tend to collect cars rather than sell them, but it might well be a good time to buy. Thinking of an E46 BMW M3 CS as a possible collectible but the frame cracking problem common with this car is putting me off a bit.

My step dad just got one, he flipping loves it. Hilariously fast acceleration up to 30 too.

Im starting to think I might be heading the same way... fast cars that keep progressively getting faster until I peak and end up buying a boat to sail around the countryside in :D

Now there you have it, chartered a speed boat in Greece twice this summer, bloody good fun and no traffic to speak of, just the odd swimmer to avoid :p

Prices are dropping on all performance cars. I'm looking at the moment for additions to my flock of cars and the prices of 'exotic' cars are tumbling or set on too high and not budging. Be it the winter effect or the Brexit effect doesn't matter to me as I tend to collect cars rather than sell them, but it might well be a good time to buy. Thinking of an E46 BMW M3 CS as a possible collectible but the frame cracking problem common with this car is putting me off a bit.

As a buyer, this doesn't feel like the case. In my last month of actively searching it seems 8-12k for an Auto TT has turned into 12-14k. 3-4k for an NA Auto has turned to 6-8k. Haven't really been following TT6 as they're out my range. Hoping they drop a little in the winter...

I think ultimately a car will only be worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I had a bit of a bitch fit with mine after loosing out on a W58 box, got fed up and chucked it up for sale on here.

Pricing was probably too high realistically, but the parts fitted alone would equeate to more if I broke it...

Since buying it as when it was NA Auto, around £2-3k seemed to be the going rate, now they seem to be closer to £5k..!

I since found a box and have decided to keep it and use it for what i intended.... (stripped track and drift toy)