The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Name that Squeal.....

Scott

I'm getting a strange squealing noise when on boost. It sounds like it's inside the cabin which is really confusing me. At first I assumed it was the hose connecting the boost gauge but I've disconnected that at the engine and it's still doing it.

The only thing I could think of was the brake servo somehow?

Without further ado....

[video=youtube;C-Rv7U6-7nI]

BTW the little screech at the end was my tyre scrubbing so not related.

There's a one way valve in the vacuum line to the servo, so unless it's failed no boost can reach it. if boost DID reach the servo you would certainly know about it ;) Any other gizmos with pneumatic lines to them inside the car?

- - - Updated - - -

I have heard warped or cracked manifolds make similar noises, either manifold to head or manifold to turbo / wastegate.

Dont you just hate these noobs just coming on when they have problems , owh its you scott Lol

Very odd as it clearly sounds like its in the cabin its got to be the vac pipe to the boost gause or wheres your map sensor and boost sonoid situated?

I would replace the vac pipe for good measure as it could have nick somewhere along the line

Dont you just hate these noobs just coming on when they have problems , owh its you scott Lol

Very odd as it clearly sounds like its in the cabin its got to be the vac pipe to the boost gause or wheres your map sensor and boost sonoid situated?

I would replace the vac pipe for good measure as it could have nick somewhere along the line

I removed it entirely, it was in with a t-piece to the manifold along with the FPR. I removed the Tpiece and connected the FPR direct.

Map sensor is directly into the intake and the boost solenoid is down next to the filter, under the tubby.

I must admit, it's got me stumped. I'm going to double and triple check it's inside the cabin though.... just in case :D

The car is running fantastic though so I'm not overly worried.