The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Herb's Supra JCR X

Herb

Thanks a lot for the kind words!!!

Really pleased to see you guys appreciate the build!!!

@charlton: I don't have a specific picture of the sto'n'sho number plate system, you can sport the little bracket in the "mouth" of the car on the upper side.

Basically it is a little bracket that is mounted inside the mouth that allows you to get rid of alle the stock holes on the bumper while doing a respray.

Then you have another detachable construction to put the numberplate surround on.

There is no Supra specific version available. I ended up buying one for the 05+ Mustang and basically put it upside down as originally engineered. This requires some little tweaks but nothing major I'd say. All in all it is definitely worth it and a really functional and clean mod in my opinion.

I can give some more technical insight or provide detailed pics if you want me to. I can also provide contact data of Big Mike who is the manufacturer in the US.

@hamzahkhan: Yes you're definitely right. I'm planning on doing a professional video, let's say similar to those "RWB Porsche" videos but more on a budget haha, kind of an image clip about the car. This might still take some time but smartphone videos simply don't do the sound justice.

@Kendo 11 and Logie: Never say never. This car wasn't built in a day either. I worked 6 years on that car :) Keep chasing your dreams and someday everything will be worth it, I promise!

Regards, Herb

• 2 weeks later...

@ Mike2JZ: i do have dyosheets, yes. I actually did dynoruns almost every year over the course of time in oder to being able to tell if the recent mod performed as it should.

I don't post them officially on forums, facebook etc. as we have to pay tax per horsepower over here. So I could get into severe trouble tbh.

In comparisson with Brendan's itb Supra mine performs pretty well I'd say. Whereas his is unbeatable in response (his goal was response, not peak power) the response of my GE is actually pretty good as well. Especially when it's allready moving, my real CAI (with the carbon duct below the indicator in the front bumper) does its job. It's kind of a "natural supercharger", Porsche did something similar with the recent 991 GT3RS by using the intercooler ducts from the turbo models as a CAI. They managed to bump HP wirh just this mod by about 15-20hp when the car's moving. I'm not saying that mine is the same but still it's noticeable. I really like the idea of itb's but I'm very satisfied with my current intakte.

@ Mike2JZ: i do have dyosheets, yes. I actually did dynoruns almost every year over the course of time in oder to being able to tell if the recent mod performed as it should.

I don't post them officially on forums, facebook etc. as we have to pay tax per horsepower over here. So I could get into severe trouble tbh.

In comparisson with Brendan's itb Supra mine performs pretty well I'd say. Whereas his is unbeatable in response (his goal was response, not peak power) the response of my GE is actually pretty good as well. Especially when it's allready moving, my real CAI (with the carbon duct below the indicator in the front bumper) does its job. It's kind of a "natural supercharger", Porsche did something similar with the recent 991 GT3RS by using the intercooler ducts from the turbo models as a CAI. They managed to bump HP wirh just this mod by about 15-20hp when the car's moving. I'm not saying that mine is the same but still it's noticeable. I really like the idea of itb's but I'm very satisfied with my current intakte.

Can you send me a dynosheet privately?

• 2 years later...

Thank you so much for the kind words to all of you!

I'm currently in the process of acquiring parts for a little update/evolution on my car (few more carbon parts aso) as well as a forged lightweight steel flywheel from Japan (including new clutch and basically everything renewed in terms of transmission, propshaft carrier bearing aso).

So will definitely post a few updates in this thread every now and then this season.

Regards, Herb

Edited by Herb (see edit history)