The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Accelerator pedal not responding.

BoostJunky86

Well, I seem to have run into my first little issue , I have had a search and I hope someone can help and it's not serious.

The cars supposed to be at my wedding Saturday [emoji15]

Went out for another little hoon last night.

Not driving to hard, nothing untoward.

Cruised back home nice and calmly.

Parked her up in my unit, as I was reversing I noticed the was no response from the accelerator pedal, first thought was cable, all fine, opened and closed by hand still no Change in revs?!

Turned off. Straight back on all fine.

And ideas. If I break down in her in the way to the wedding supra ownership may be a short experience for me lol[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

TIA

Tom

Hi Tom,

Try doing an ETCS-i reset. I had a similar issue not long after I got my car. If you tried holding the throttle down you'd likely flag up an error code or 2. Codes 13, 24 & 34 appeared for me.

If you follow point 2 on the link below, that will do the reset for you. It fixed it for me and I have never encountered the issue since.

http://www.2jzgarage.com/2013/07/etcs-i-dbw-system-troubleshooting/#more-863

:thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Well had no more issues with the accelerator pedal not responding.

Has now decided to idle very poorly though. Almost stalling itself.

Any ideas anyone??

Tried the ETCS reset.

Didn't hear anything happen and no change. Popped plugs out.

Bit coked up and 1 a bit wet but drives spot on, cleaned them up in a proper plug cleaner. Improved, drove home from brands seemed fine after that bit still not 100%! I get the impression with 264's in it will never idle perfectly smooth.

But wouldn't have thought it would hunt at times?

You should definitely hear a beeping type noise when conducting the ETCS-i reset - I'd try it again mate.

Also, with regards to the idle, possibly a requirement to clean your idle control valve?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?210956-How-To-Clean-Idle-Control-Valve-Cleaning-Aka-ICV-%28IAC%29&highlight=idle+control+valve

Hopefully that cures it for you Tom. :thumbs:

Sure Matt's done this already too.

Will be fitting new plugs regardless

Would the reset be any different being on a F-Con

It shouldn't make a difference mate - I have an F-Con as well and it worked for me as per the instructions on that article.

Right still getting issues.

Car has had new plugs fitted.

It actually idled that badly and the exhaust was black with unburnt fuel and eventually stalled. 4 times.

As soon as I accelerate gases clear. Let it go back to idle, sooty again. Then every now and again it sits at 1200, drops back to 800 slowly then to 600 ish and ok.

It's very weird.

Drives fine, pulls well. No hesitations etc.

Really starting to bug me,

Waiting to pop into Abbey Motorsport to get Mark to plug it in and pop it into the dyno to check her over.

Anybody on here have a go suggestions as that could be two weeks..

The reset I'm convinced is impossible on mine for whatever reason.