The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo water lines?

Milo500

Hi guys :)

I am going from a single turbo to a bigger single turbo with the addition of water lines (the turbonetics tnx I ordered just happens to have it)

My question is, or worry is that the water lines that I am using might either be both feeds or both returns, and am asking if someone could 100% tell me that the lines I am using is one feed and one return :)

The feed? I am using is from the stock twins, which is a rubber hose about 10mm dia coming from the water pump.

The return? I am using is coming from the collection of rubber pipes at the very back of the engine. I believe the rubber pipe was blanked off when converted to single.

If someone could give me a definately answer then I would be very appreciative

Cheers :)

Hi guys :)

I am going from a single turbo to a bigger single turbo with the addition of water lines (the turbonetics tnx I ordered just happens to have it)

My question is, or worry is that the water lines that I am using might either be both feeds or both returns, and am asking if someone could 100% tell me that the lines I am using is one feed and one return :)

The feed? I am using is from the stock twins, which is a rubber hose about 10mm dia coming from the water pump.

The return? I am using is coming from the collection of rubber pipes at the very back of the engine. I believe the rubber pipe was blanked off when converted to single.

If someone could give me a definately answer then I would be very appreciative

Cheers :)

They are both returns ;)

The feeds are the two fittings that are close together on the water elbow that feeds the top of the radiator:

attachment.php?attachmentid=212354&d=1465042438

Water.jpg

They are both returns ;)

The feeds are the two fittings that are close together on the water elbow that feeds the top of the radiator:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=212354&d=1465042438

[ATTACH=CONFIG]212354[/ATTACH]

Ahh right :( I have plumbed it all in to the two bottom ones and the lines are getting hot as if there's water going to them, hmm...

On the diagram it says the top rubber hose to the rad is flowing from the engine to the rad...how is that not a return?

And the hose at the front at the bottom is coming from the bottom hose that says it's coming into the engine (also attached to the water pump) so how can that be a return and not a feed?

Have had a long close look at the diagram, i can now see that the feed is the elbow......

But still don"t understand why the feed for the water cooling for the turbos is after it has been round the engine (so the water is hot) before it goes into the turbos??? Is that not very odd? Correct me if I'm wrong, thought it would be after it has been through the rad?

What is the size/threads sizes for the elbow so I can get a adaptor fitting made up so I don't have to drain all the coolant that I just put in today haha :')

Edited by Milo500 (see edit history)

But still don"t understand why the feed for the water cooling for the turbos is after it has been round the engine (so the water is hot) before it goes into the turbos??? Is that not very odd? Correct me if I'm wrong, thought it would be after it has been through the rad?

It's all relative. Even 100C+ water from the outlet of the engine will still seem cold to the turbos that have 800-1000C exhaust gas on their other side.