The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thoughts on this one please.

BoostJunky86

Obviously the need for a black respray, facelift lights, new seats and a cool dash like mine has. :cool: :lol:

Just for reference, my car hasn't been driven through bad winters. For the first one, I had a broken ankle so couldn't use it even if I wanted to, then this winter just gone it wasn't driven from October until the start of February. Not trying to big up my car - just wanted to clarify!

If that red car is in super mint condition then great, it'd be a good buy.

Naturally, I don't think mine is a bad choice either :D

Thanks for clarifying about the winter driving James. I was only basing my comments on pics you posted once mid winter (iirc, could be wrong!) of you washing it at a jetwash/garage thing, plus you mentioned it was your daily driver. . FWIW James your car is a very nice example, GLWTS. It will make the future owner ecstatic I'm sure!

Thanks for clarifying about the winter driving James. I was only basing my comments on pics you posted once mid winter (iirc!) of you washing it at a jetwash/garage thing, plus you mentioned it was your daily driver. . FWIW James your car is a very nice example, GLWTS. It will make the future owner ecstatic I'm sure!

It was my daily driver in 2013 yep - not since :)

Regardless, I wasn't trying to be raspy in my reply, so apologies if it read that way. :thumbs:

And thank you bud!

looked at all the pictures I can,

they all look like they have a little overspray there.

Are the shocks going t be an issue if there fairly new(3000km new)

In my head I thought being Ohlin, at least if your risking any coilover failing(Tein are fairly common to leak on the Evo's apparently) at least they were bloody good ones.

Turbo wise I thought theres been quite a few cars running that single set up?

Yeah defo a shame about the rear brakes, but im sure at some point I can look for some, but being Grex Alcon calipers probably impossible to find knowing my luck.

I think the rear brake kit, or a modern equivalent is still available from Greddy. Certainly one could build one. The Ohlins on that car are, like the optional OE Bilsteins, made under licence in Japan, and quite different to the Scandinavian built Ohlins, which are mega money and jewel like. When those Ohlins aren't leaking thy work quite well. Looking at the spring wire diameter and number of coils they don't look insanely stiff, but it's not a very scientific appraisal, and still look pretty damned firm ;) Whilst at that price one should expect everything to be 100% we are now talking about an old car. Mechanical updates and repairs are relatively trivial compared to body repairs. Whilst those dampers and the aging turbo kit would not be my first choice I would be mostly concerned with paint originality, and to why the overspray is there. I would want to be 100% sure that any paintwork wasn't hiding any accident damage, and as sure as I could be that it was done to the highest standards. Lacquer peel is a nightmare to sort out. You need to go and see it, and if needed pay someone who is a bodywork expert to go with you.

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

Ahhhh! Thanks Chris

Finding 'the' car is proving really hard. The nice bits are, well nice to have but I'm most worried about getting the best base car I can. Then hopefully it'll have some goodies on too.

I think I'd be happy at BPU but in my head I'm going to go single anyway, buying a singles car could be more cost effective.

Edited by BoostJunky86 (see edit history)