The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust Manifold

Flan

Hey guys, not too sure if this should be in technical or not. Does anyone have a picture of the join between the exhaust manifold and the exhaust system? Or know the type? Looking to get a custom stainless made but the guy doing it is a while away so he needs to know the connection type.

Cheers

The downpipe to exhaust joins are the same N/A or TT but the manifold to downpipe joins between the N/A and TT are different ....which are you looking for?

Also they are bent to a precise shape, if "your man" doesn't have a supra at hand to make the exhaust for then it'll never fit.

Morning, just bought a second hand 2.5" whiftbitz twin box cat back from a member, they're pretty good if you can get one (not made new anymore). Stick a wanted ad in the wanted section. Whifbitz used to do the decat pipe too. If you go above 2.5" for the n/a they lose back pressure......

It's down to the back pressure that the N/A relies on, yes it's only minimal but there is a difference in running a 3", I've had all variants and the 2.5" decatted with single back box was the best (IMO).

Whifbitz also sell a restrictor ring for about £12 in case you go with a 3" and need some pressure.

N/A Supra + 3" exhaust = pants

Too loud, too low and sounds like a dead fart.

Disagree with that completely it's about getting the right exhaust, I have had loads of people tell me how nice mine sounds and its full 3 inch veilside exhaust system and mine pulls really good so the 3 inch exhaust doesn't effect the performance at all

It's down to the back pressure that the N/A relies on, yes it's only minimal but there is a difference in running a 3", I've had all variants and the 2.5" decatted with single back box was the best (IMO).

Whifbitz also sell a restrictor ring for about £12 in case you go with a 3" and need some pressure.

The restrictor ring is for the turbos to restrict boost pressure. Pretty sure that if the 3" exhaust wasn't good for the N/A, Whifbitz wouldn't have stopped the 2.5" system production. The 4" is there for the blowers...

The restrictor ring is for the turbos to restrict boost pressure. Pretty sure that if the 3" exhaust wasn't good for the N/A, Whifbitz wouldn't have stopped the 2.5" system production. The 4" is there for the blowers...

Yes that is exactly what the restrictor ring was designed for.

They just didn't sell enough because not enough N/A's and people often think bigger is better and buy the 3" rather than what suits best.