The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chasing7's Supra

Guest C7Ewan

If you have the money to do a proper NA-T conversion, then you will have enough to buy a working GTE to drop in. I'd setup another budget for the gearbox, if you want 400hp and you plan on drifting this then the W58 is going to go at some point.

Guest C7Ewan
Seem to remember reading on here the only vvti 2jz-ge (na) engines were in the late late american market.... and for the price if you are specifically wanting a vvti, then rather than buying another na, buy a 2jz-gte vvti and slap that in?

If you have the money to do a proper NA-T conversion, then you will have enough to buy a working GTE to drop in. I'd setup another budget for the gearbox, if you want 400hp and you plan on drifting this then the W58 is going to go at some point.

Ye in a dream world i would love to have a GTE with a V160 gearbox but thats not going to happen anytime soon.

so the plan is 1.5jz.... i have the 1jz gte head wiring, ecu,

i know the w58 box isnt the strongest but then the R154 is over priced and loves to shit 3rd gear and the v160 is out of my budget...

Ewan