The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RWYB 27th April @ Elvington

MONKEYmark

there is a run what you brung at elvington on the 27th of april

there is a lot of intrest.a guy off cruise site with a skyline is getting people intrested in it.

lifted this post to post here

Elvington 27th April!!!!!! RWYB!!!

This is a quote from Chris Mann, if you don't know is the founder member of the 200+ club.

Following such a cracking day at Elvington yesterday, thought it would be good if you all put this date in your diaries NOW and lets make a day of it!

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we are trying to get a few more cars/clubs to come down to these events, as it is open to all, and maybe run a friendly "inter club" series with 3 dates for next year.

next date is 27th april and all are welcome, incl spectators, there should be a digital display running for times at the next one.

a lot of them cruisers are going for some grudge matches.

and a few big cossies, a few skylines and hopefully a few supras.

would be good if it starts to pick up as an alternative drag strip to york

as york back roads are run down on york dragstrip

should be another good day out

Originally posted by eyefi

that'd give me another 168 hours to get that wire in :)

who needs music that loud anyway

get REAL RADIO on 106 too 108 on fm it plays some class disco hits and mowtown,

you having a rife up if you not doing anything?

see what intrest there is.

will check dates make sure i aint working

• 2 weeks later...

Unless the weathers really bad I think I will be going. Do you want to meet up somewhere Paul and drive down. How about Mcdonalds car park again?

I there a website with the event details on it, just to make sure it is actualy on! Where abouts did you get your information on the event Mark?

I've been looking at weather forcasts and I think it will be scattered showers at worst and not all day. The runway apparently dries out pretty fast and they've said that a bit of rain isn't going to stop the runs :)

Will be my first time on the drag strip, so no mocking me when I get a 20 second run or something! :D

Originally posted by Kevin Huntley

Unless the weathers really bad I think I will be going. Do you want to meet up somewhere Paul and drive down. How about Mcdonalds car park again?

I there a website with the event details on it, just to make sure it is actualy on! Where abouts did you get your information on the event Mark?

i got info off cruiseboard and its on the gtr in the events section. chris mann has said its on, and not to worry if it rains as they dont stop it as its grippy concrete.

last time i was racing at elvington was getting some good launches and it was bouncing down. even beat a 4wd audi rs4 and also got beat by a mad one too.

it seems like a few skylines are going. its only supposed to be £5 to spectate.

suppose if anything it will be a nice drive down. might have a go at racing astra

anyone want to race a sleepr astra ;-)

Originally posted by Thorin

Bromy your car isn't white by any chance is it? I've got a couple of friends in Mac and know one of them once said she'd seen a white Supra a couple of times.

thorin its one of them brown supras like alex h`s

seen bromy on way home from well lane shoot out.

thorin dont think cause it looks like a crap astra with broken window that its slow car

if you want to race for pink slips

Originally posted by Thorin

Bromy your car isn't white by any chance is it? I've got a couple of friends in Mac and know one of them once said she'd seen a white Supra a couple of times.

Nah, its either a gunmetal or quicksilver facelift dont quite know which vin says 1B9 on colour code