The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forthcoming Group buy, G & B leather retrims.

RICHARDA

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Jake. I had mine done and could not be happier - just wish they were a bit speedier with replying.

Interestingly enough though, my seats are really wearing in one spot. I hope that I'm not going to have to re-trim the re-tim within 18 months of having it done. I'll get some pictures when it stops lashing it down outside!

Interestingly enough though, my seats are really wearing in one spot. I hope that I'm not going to have to re-trim the re-tim within 18 months of having it done. I'll get some pictures when it stops lashing it down outside!

Is that a full leather job?

Is that a full leather job?

Yup. It was part of the very first gybson and boyne re-trims. In fact it was the first to have the Supra logo stitched into the seat. (Some lead, others follow!)

I'm sure if I were to contact vince about it, he'd sort it out. Just not got the time to be without the car whilst it's in Southampton though.

Cheers, yeah I'd say that's the usual place for them to wear but not sure about 18mth old leather though?

Is your motor used daily (not that it should have worn that quickly anyway)

Doesn't seem that they are too interested in another GB, CJ's tapped them up and still no reply?

Paul

Cheers, yeah I'd say that's the usual place for them to wear but not sure about 18mth old leather though?

Is your motor used daily (not that it should have worn that quickly anyway)

Doesn't seem that they are too interested in another GB, CJ's tapped them up and still no reply?

Paul

Unfortunately trying to get in and out of a Supra without sliding against the bolster is almost impossible - so the wear is to be expected and probably caused by a belt on your trousers or jeans.

Best thing to do is get the boot polish out - that will make it blend with the rest of the seat.

Mines all right and mine was the very first one done. That said I treat mine with zymol leather treatment every now and then.

Fair enough, the stitching etc does still seem in good condition in those photos.

Be nice if they would work out some GB prices though.

Paul

I know the lads quite well they are good lads. If you aren't getting anywhere with a GB try calling them directly and see what they will do for you.

Couldn't agree more. As I said, I'm sure if I give vince a call he'd be happy to solve any issues I have.

The car is a daily driver, there's been no real special abrasive things going on :whistle: I'll probably give them a call and send them the pics, and then hopefully get ther car down to them in a month or two. :thumbs:

I have just spoken to Vinnie and he is very sorry about the length of time he has taken to get prices and has told me he will definitely get them to me for tomorrow. If he does, then I will copy and paste them to this thread.

Nice one mate, I still want to go with them, been in touch already a month or so back but want to see if the GB prices are better:) My TRD steering wheel ain't arrived yet but once that is here then no doubt I'll start wanting the rest of the interior sorted sharpish.

Paul