The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Denso spark plugs

neilg

Hi everyone,

I have a load of Denso spark plugs on the way again shortly. They will be cheap again as the last group buy I did. Prices will be :-

ik20`s £7.00

ik22`s £7.50

ik24`s £8.00

ik27`s £8.50

Prices are all in, delivered to your door by special delivery.

Just trying to gauge interest so stick your name down along with what you would want. By the time they are with me then sent on im guessing it will be about 3 weeks from now. Ill know more about times etc next week.

:thanks:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a thread somewhere explaining the differences and which to go for?

Ta!

IK20 = standard heat range, equivalent to NGK BKR6E (normal cheap plug) & BKR6EIX (NGK's Iridium plug). Fine for standard cars.

IK22 - one heat range grade colder than stock, equivalent to NGK BKR7E (normal) & BKR7EIX (Iridium). Fine for standard cars and also cars running BPU level of mods.

IK24 - two heat range grades colder than stock, equivalent to NGK BKR8E (normal) & BKR8EIX (Iridium). Fine for cars with BPU and above level of mods, including most singles.

IK27 - three heat range grades colder than stock, equivalent to NGK BKR9E (normal) & BKR9EIX (Iridium). Best reserved for cars running large singles and twins.

This is as I understand it from what the letters mean in different spark plug codes. This doesn't account for what gap you should set with normal type cheap (around £1.50 a plug) plugs. As a general rule of thumb with these plugs you should gap them down according to how much boost you are running with what turbo setup. BPU cars run well with a plug gap of around 0.9mm - 0.8mm. IIRC standard gap is 1.1mm. Iridium plugs come with the gap preset as there is a risk of electrode damage should you try to gap them.

HTH,

Brian.

so the current list is

dave barratt- IK22 x6

Scoboblio- IK 22 x6

supRo- IK24 x12

hadyn- IK24 x 6

trick152- IK24 x6

Gamer- IK24 x12

rallure- IK24 x6

Carlos_Hathcock- IK24 x12

Terminator- IK24 x6

Ill know more over the next couple of days, keep um coming :thanks:

Please Can I have 6 x IK24's :thumbs:

I have added myself to the list too fella

Thanks,

Ray

Wanted List: -

dave barratt- IK22 x6

Scoboblio- IK 22 x6

supRo- IK24 x12

hadyn- IK24 x 6

trick152- IK24 x6

Gamer- IK24 x12

rallure- IK24 x6

Terminator- IK24 x6

Raymanuk - IK24 x 6

Just to update things. If anyone else wants any plugs I wont have anymore IK22`s The 12 i have coming have gone to dave barratt and Scoboblio. Still got loads of all others.

Ill send some pms out tomorrow night about payments.

Anybody else just add on the list :thumbs:

I am going to have to reduce my order to 6 plugs instead of the 12 I wanted as I am going to purchase a set from a member on the forums. I really need them now so had no choice. ;)

dave barratt- IK22 x6

Scoboblio- IK 22 x6

supRo- IK24 x12

hadyn- IK24 x 6

trick152- IK24 x6

Gamer- IK24 x6

rallure- IK24 x6

Terminator- IK24 x6

Raymanuk - IK24 x 6

GeordieSteve - IK24 x 6

AshBhp- IK27 x 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.