The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na/t. Should you diy it. ?

herbiemercman

Hi Guys, Just to complete the clutch story, my NA/T man says he will gladly change my clutch to an organic fibre type, but it would have to be on my head, he has based this on lots of experience and testing.

He is posting me replacement up market gauges for boost and the oil temperature, hopefully the latter will sort out my hot oil concern, i am confident that the gauge is the problem, time will tell.

I am reflecting what Chris Wison told me that the NA/T conversion is major surgery and some issues are bound to arise and one cannot expect a stock smooth driving experience with the doubling of the engines power output. I also know that my NA?T man had to go into uncharted territory to map my car with the stock exhaust and extra back pressure etc.

So i am wiser now and soldiering on, i have no regrets and have found this club and its support excellent. herbiemercman.

Hi herbie, please inform us of your new clutch once you have it fitted. I am currently building an na t kit myself. I was originally going to use the guy you used but then decided I wanted to take a punt at it myself. 3k is pretty good value for a drive in drive out. I've already spent 3k and I only have 3/4 of the parts required. It's much easier handing it over to someone to do for you, I have discovered that building the kit myself I want everything to the highest quality i can afford (that's just me) but because of that it's taking ages! I could have been boosting ages ago. Are you using an oil cooler? If not that will help with your oil temperature.

Hi Josh42, thanks for comments, if i do have to throw the towel in with my current metalic clutch i will look at your suggestion, i have recorded your info, just need to go a bit further with what i have, also it would be nice to get my NA/T man on board with your proposal ?

Hi Kendoskeg, Yep you are right, he is great, does not take prisoners as per my way, and does what he knows is right.

Hi HarleyFDMD, My NA/T man has been developing the conversions for over 10 years and he knows them inside out, he has over 35 cars to his credit, all working well, he does not fit oil coolers and is confident that my 135 deg. C, oilm temp, is a faulty gauge, i am just running with him and giving other club members the benefit of the information, i do not advertise for him, he does not need it, and is a help and a credit to the mk 4 supra, and this club, for me in the same street as Chris Wilson, another guy who gives a lot for nothing. herbiemercman.