The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PHR Street kit

lewis hill

I went for a PHR fuel kit; Siemens 620cc injectors came with that kit iirc.

I went for an AEM stand alone ECU back in 2008 when purchasing my first single kit.

The car was never dyno'd, but it was mapped at 1.5 bar ; must have been something between 500-550 bhp.

Oh ok was the kit fast spooling set up? I know that's what they say on website but they don't always give true factual information lol

Torque developments in grays are very good, Sam Borgman certainly knows his stuff!

Plus, they use a hub dyno, so it's very accurate.

I have a hks fcon gold on mine, and I'll be going back for another tweak very soon. Also using a log manifold, with a bw s362, and response is excellent

Yeah I had a word with them about a HKS fcon piggy back or standalone an the prices weren't too bad including harnesses and mapping.

- - - Updated - - -

Im currently running 535bhp on 550cc injectors with a safe map on AEM piggyback. Been running that power for nearly 4 years as a daily without any issues. Car is super responsive and pulls strong.

Oh that's decent power figures for just a piggy back! What turbo kit are you using?

I wouldn't bother going single with a aim of 500bhp might as well go bpu+ 450hp I would put money on a bpu running 450hp vs a 500hp single botched together that the bpu would be a better car if not faster in quarter mile. I don't see the point of fitting a 2nd hand decent turbo ,manifold,waste gate then to just throttle it down running a stock ecu and small injectors and a piggy back .I know a few people just like the noise and to worried about everywhere flat out but surely you would end up sticking a standalone on it decent injectors and use it to the full potential?

I wouldn't bother going single with a aim of 500bhp might as well go bpu+ 450hp I would put money on a bpu running 450hp vs a 500hp single botched together that the bpu would be a better car if not faster in quarter mile. I don't see the point of fitting a 2nd hand decent turbo ,manifold,waste gate then to just throttle it down running a stock ecu and small injectors and a piggy back .I know a few people just like the noise and to worried about everywhere flat out but surely you would end up sticking a standalone on it decent injectors and use it to the full potential?

Well it's 500bhp aim on stock ecu and UK spec injectors. Once I've decided if I want or need more then I can save to invest in a decent ecu. I'd rather put money into the start of a single than bpu+ as I'll be stuck at bpu whereas if I start the single, I have loads of options open if needed.

Oh ok was the kit fast spooling set up? I know that's what they say on website but they don't always give true factual information lol

It was a very fast spooling setup ; I was on stock euro-spec cams.

I agree on that. A single turbo on piggy back and minimum requirements isn't perfect.

Therefore, when I went single, I purchased a stand alone ECU and a full fuel system. You will nevertheless at a certain moment invest in these parts.

Listen to the people that have done this and done it before. A single with Stock ECU and Stock injectors is not a good idea as its very difficult to get them mapped and control the fuelling accurately.

Your also going to end up re-buying elements along the way i.e you will need a piggy back ECU now only to replace it at a later date with a standalone unit. IMO you would be better saving the money first and doing it correctly the first time. You will have a much more reliable car and a better single experience.

Doing it cheap costs more money and there are plenty of examples of that on the forum.

Find your mapper first! discuss with them your goals short and long term and go from there.

Listen to the people that have done this and done it before. A single with Stock ECU and Stock injectors is not a good idea as its very difficult to get them mapped and control the fuelling accurately.

Your also going to end up re-buying elements along the way i.e you will need a piggy back ECU now only to replace it at a later date with a standalone unit. IMO you would be better saving the money first and doing it correctly the first time. You will have a much more reliable car and a better single experience.

Doing it cheap costs more money and there are plenty of examples of that on the forum.

Find your mapper first! discuss with them your goals short and long term and go from there.

Yeah does make sense. I'll have to talk to the guys at tdi as Ryan said he's not going to be in UK in 4 weeks.

Oh that's decent power figures for just a piggy back! What turbo kit are you using?

Iv been using a custom built precision turbo with precision 46mm wastegate and HKS manifold. For upto 550bhp id say a piggyback is far capable of running the car reliably and producing good power. My car can run low 11's in the 1/4 mile possibly hight 10's on a prepped track. And like i said the setup has been used as a dailey for nearly 4 years with no problems. Anything over 550bhp then yes id definately invest in a standalone For its added safety feature etc.