The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First ever dyno experience. 3.1 L full BPU

Yarco

The correction factor is, I believe, on the dyno sheet. 102.4%.. So knock 2.4% off your power figure. Personally I think rolling roads, unless hub dynos, are for fun only, as is claiming 455 BHP on stock twins...

When I bought my GTS-t Skyline it had at least three different rolling road print outs, different dates at different rolling roads. All were 480 plus BHP. For fun I stuck it on my pal's engine dyno as a another RB engine had just come off and it was all set up. Real BHP? 368.

Ambient temperature was 32.6° that day. I think in normal conditions and at 1.2bar I would of got much more. TBH everyone has a different opinion on dyno's, personally I think if non hub dynos are so inaccurate why would the entire motoring world still use them? They're ok for up to 500hp cars imo.

The correction factor is, I believe, on the dyno sheet. 102.4%.. So knock 2.4% off your power figure. Personally I think rolling roads, unless hub dynos, are for fun only, as is claiming 455 BHP on stock twins...

FYI there is a guy on here who got 540hp on stock hybrid twins (same as mine). E85 and some other wizardry I believe.

Edited by Yarco (see edit history)

There must have been considerable "other wizardry" :) (IMHO)

E85, ECU, cams and injectors and a decent map from what I remember. The guy's profile had "highest hybrid power figure in UK" or something like that. I agree though 540hp is very high for hybrids. :)

Hub dyno's read almost FWHP from what I've seen though so as much as I would say they are consistent, the power claims that the owners are left with are inaccurate IMO. I'd love to see a back to back run from somewhere like SRR and TDI with the same car to see what the actual % difference was between the hub and the wheels (none of this FW calculation nonsense).