The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New self build water cooled pc

foggy147

Here is my first attempt to water cool a PC! Here is the below spec of the new PC:

Intel I5 - 2500K overclocked to 4.2ghz

Asus P8P67 Motherboard

MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB Graphics Card

8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600

Xgigamtec 700W PSU

Alphacool ST/LT 360 Radiator Water Cooling Loop CPU only

Samsung Blu-ray DVDRW Drive

NZXT Phantom 530 Case

NZXT Hue Led case lighting

240GB Kingston SSD Drive

500GB Hitachi HDD

What do you guys think? Decent rig?I really like the NZXT Hue Hub that allows you to change the colour of the light within the case really easily, currently got it set to slowly cycle through the different colour and seems just right.

Anyway some pictures:

What have you started :) You will now be looking at how to hide all the small cables to keep everything looking neat and tidy, I don't have a window on mine but it's still an ongoing battle to keep everything neat.

I would look into getting a Nvidia water block from overclockers, I picked up mine for about 75 quid or so if I remember, I have it overclocked from 1218MHz to just over 1500, gives a nice boost and makes things look a lot neater and keeps it quiet, well worth getting but check if your card is a reference design.

Exactly, next will be the GPU but in no rush at all for that. It's nice just to know it's pretty future proof at the minute in terms of being able to upgrade fairly easily. The next upgrade in maybe a couple of years will be a new motherboard and processor and maybe more ram if required.

I had an HD 2GB 6950 graphics card installed before the new GT970 and even that could handle most games with decent settings.

Going to be getting Project Cars soon to test it out, the videos I've seen on the PC with the rain effects look amazing!

Looks great must be pushing the i5 hard at 4.2ghz?

When built my first pc it was water cooled. i phoned the company that built the water cooler and asked how i put water in. I then hung up the phone when they told me it was already filled ect.

I face palmed and felt I was stupid :p

I then went back to fans.

Looks like its a beast of a rig and will.be up to date for the next cpuple years and for.the next gen games :)

I just done a small upgrade too, currently running...

Coolermaster Enforcer Gaming case,

Intel i7 4790K with Corsair H100i watercooler @5Ghz,

Asus Z97 Pro Gamer motherboard,

16Gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz memory,

120Gb Corsair Force 3 SSD for OS,

MSI R9 290 Gaming 4Gb Graphics card,

1Tb Western Digital 7200rpm HDD for Games / Programs,

3Tb Western Digital Caviar Green 5200rpm HDD for Music / Movies etc

Sharp 1080P 32" HDTV for screen

I put together this one for a work PC, nothing mega running on it, just a 4K display for viewing drawings so it didnt need a mega gfx card, the HD4000 was enough.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1441186_10151726459782721_234525846_n.jpg?oh=fb86905525ee3ce2241dceff5fca7635&oe=55D8CB6A&__gda__=1443537970_5e858398c8c93b1191808c6eacc274c0

Nice and tidy though, can't stand a messy case, Corsair cases are great for routing.

I decided to downsize a few years ago to a micro ATX PC and case as really the only expansion cards I would use are a graphics card and maybe a sound card, plus I just wanted something to mess about with :).

I'm happy with how it turned out but having a smaller case makes it trickier to hide cables and route all your water cooling stuff. Got to think outside the box, literally, here's my current attempt, not finished yet though.

Wohoo... PC master race!

My rig...

1 x Fractal Design XL R2 Case - Love this case but its huge!

1 x MSI Z97-G45-GAMING LGA1150

2 x Asus GF GTX660 DirectCU II OC Edition in SLI

1 x Intel Core i5 4670K LGA1150 CPU 3.4Ghz 6Mb Cache Haswell overclocked to 4.5Ghz

1 x Coolermaster Nepton 280l with 2x Noctua 140mm NF-A14 PWM

1 x Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133MHz Vengeance Pro Red

1 x OCZ 128G Vector Series SSD

1 x 3Tb WD Green

1 x 4Tb Seagate drive

1 x 500gb Seagate Hybrid Drive

2 x 500gb drives various makes

1 x external Hdd Docking station

pic before I put the Noctua's and the 4Tb drive in.

Not a fan of fancy lights and windows on PC cases and the XL R2 is one sexy beast! since I change the radiator fans its now a silent rig, exactly what I wanted even with the overclock temps sit around 28deg at idle and about 50 at full load and still near silent.