The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mapping issues + Cam/crank sensor NA/T

rob_sri

Hi all quick Q..

my car is at protuner at the moment and mapping is going well however.. nice and smooth map.. 430bhp and 500lbft @1.1 -1.15bar..... when it gets warm is developing a cut.. like its going into limp road.. could not be replicated on the rollers..

coming up with n2 GE CRANK / CAM sensor fault so I presume this is the issue.. i guess it could be either emanage ultimate has been wired in wrong, distributor has gone out or just the emanage throwing the sensor out and making the stock ecu have a fit

anyone had anything similar with any cutting/hesitation?

going to swap the dizzy over tomorrow and try again but anyone got any other suggestions to check?

cheers

Rob

If you've got an EMU then you can datalog everything it's seeing, like the injector duty cycle, any ignition timing changes (if it's set up to do that), what airflow voltages it's seeing etc., maybe give that a go and see if you can spot anything odd like too much/not enough fuel or something. The EMU shouldn't be interfering with any sensor signal apart from the airflow one - it just taps into the others to get their readings.