The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Saturday night special, Santa Pod

Shane

Lol, no, but I could do with some.

I was looking through my past timing slips the other night and without exception, all my best ets were when I had launched well so it just confirms its all in the launch really. My Drag tyres are getting a but thin now too though so that's not going to help, I have got another set to try, Avon semi slicks but will try them later in the year once I have finished the MTs off completely.

We have a nearly new set of MT street ET's on 17" Rota's with about 4 runs on them. Need to properly try them out.

Do you do a burnout?

We have a nearly new set of MT street ET's on 17" Rota's with about 4 runs on them. Need to properly try them out.

Do you do a burnout?

Yes, it makes a huge difference, I will probably be shot down by those more experienced than me for saying this, but imo its pretty pointless having the MTs unless you get them warm and soft. Maybe its where mine are getting a bit thin now but without a burnout they are not much better than my vreds, but then again I am not running in the same power league as you guys.

Guest Nicholas

I won't be there guys, my clutch rebuild won't be finished till tomorrow so I don't have time to get it back in the car. I know Jake (Black_Widow87) is going though!

I won't be there guys, my clutch rebuild won't be finished till tomorrow so I don't have time to get it back in the car. I know Jake (Black_Widow87) is going though!

That's a shame, maybe next time.

Weather looking good now up until late afternoon. Think I will just get there early and sign up for the day track session which ends at 1630.

Also worth mentioning that if you buy the entrance tickets online and print at home in advance you can save £4 per adult entry ticket.

EDIT: Scrub that last bit, in fact typically for Santa Pod squeezing the last penny, although they say on their price list its £8 per ticket in advance, its not really as they apply a £2 per ticket fee! For the sake of £2 saving per ticket, I would rather wait and see what the weather is like on the day.

Edited by Shane (see edit history)