The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel Ball Bearing - Rear Left + tools (massive socket)

DShox

hi,

believe i need a new bearing to stop my wheel rocking - mine current one might be worn. The nut is on tight so thats ok but I also need to get the big nut off to reach it but my socket set aint big enough!

My wheels are 18" Volk Racings - if that helps? :shrug:

So i need ball bearing and tools...anyone?

Ta,

D

take it to a garage. its not really a diy job.

speak to steve Manley (parts manager) at Inchcape Toyota [mention Colin Jones - CJ on here] for the wheel bearing (20% off) and take it to your local Toyota dealer - as leett says its not DIY. i had my front wheel bearing done, and it cost me £35 to have fitted...not bad

i hear the press used to replace the bearings is in the region of 20 tons!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=41383

yea thats not bad at all! - my wheel is thudding when it goes over a small bump or road defect...is that what you experienced coming from your front?

as for wheel - i dunno just a bit clueless and desperate to get rid of the noise - I've been all over the place and spent ages in the searing heat this weekend changing the drop links, but found that didnt solve it :cry:

CJ mentioned your name to Steve and it seemed to work :clap:

The bearing + rubber seals cost a wopping £160 odd (vs the regular price of £180). Didnt realise they were so pricey - but I'm gonna get a diagnosis from my local Toyota dealer, so if it is bearings I'll get one from Steve, then get my one in Birmingham to fit it.

Can't believe how much time and effort and money this car takes up! :donkey:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.