The mkiv Supra Owners Club

acceleration hesitation

forbsey777

I have an 93 na auto, for the last 3 days ive been having cold start trouble, engine is turning over no problem but wasnt firing up, after 10 mins or more it would finaly come alive. Once its warmed it has no problem starting then today i noticed once i put the foot down theres 5 seconds or so of delay before it takes off. Ive tried going through the auto gears on manual and i/d but the issue is till there through all gears. It seems to happen at lower rpms before finding its normal power, any ideas on the problem would be appreciated

Only got the car in june last year, got a full service done straight away, new plugs leads distributor cap, oil change, filters changed and new timing belt. I had previous starting issues before cold start and warm start but that was sources to the ecu which was changed. Car was running perfect untill 3 days ago

Mechanic took the car a run this morning reckons the car is misfiring due to either the plugs or leads. Ordered a set of plugs and in the mean time i checked the leads with a volt meter, all leads are working gran but i noticed plugs 6 5 and 4 were oily so i removed them to check the rest of the plug and the 3 were covered in oil, looks like ive a seal or gasket away, any ideas what it could be so i can get the part or parts ordered

Edited by forbsey777
spelling mistake (see edit history)

Still having misfire issues with the car, ive changed all spark plugs, checked all the ignition leads for spark and checked resistance on each one. Also checked injectors were working while i had the plugs out and all 6 are working. Any ideas what i should be checking next

Edited by forbsey777
spelling (see edit history)

Car is still playing up. Finally got the rocker cover gaskets delivered today. I double checked the resistance on the ignition leads all under 25 k ohms, removed the new spark plugs and gave them a clean again and replaced the gaskets. All bolts were torqued up correctly and double checked all hoses. Car started first time and i left it sitting for 10 mins before i took it a run. The run seemed to be going gran untill i put the foot down full throttle and the engine dropped down revs almost dying, i had to feather the accelerator gently to contine on. Engine seems to run as normal when taking it easy but as soon as its giving half or full throttle it trues to die out on me. Any ideas what i can check next or what my actual problem could be, any help would be great