The mkiv Supra Owners Club

(Finished) Toxic Tail Style Lights

mattdavies

Still need some pre facelift rears? Ive got mine left over from switching to facelifts couple of years ago. Just taking up space so make me an offer. Can post/collect from work in London? Either or I'm not fussed. I can what's app some photos over.

Gary

Great job on those, look practically OEM (Aside from the black tape/paint of course)

Thank you, might have some new light units coming so maybe able to swap the internals. I also need to dim the rings down so will need to research some resistors might add brake light rings and Indicator rings

The rings do look great mate :) i might have a go at a facelift set myself at somepoint and try and some black acrylic like you said as i love the toxic ones but cant afford their hefty price tag. Or if you decide you'd like to give it a go then give me a PM :)

When I am happy with mine then I will happily give it a go, but will not be fully responsible for any issues like them not being 100% water tight, but will take responsibility for major fu*k ups like burning them and breaking things !

Got a bit further today, Wired in some resistors to dim them down. Here is a before and after

And with the brake lights on :

Now I am happy with them, I have ordered some more rings for Brakes and Indicators and have taken delivery of new rear lights for a conversion, thinking all Red. Once I am happy may talk to a Red named person about hobbyist if there is demand

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So they are finished !! I am over the moon, I am not taking them apart again. I have wired them using the original loom and bulb holders that have been adapted. I had to put resistors in the tail to dim them down as they are very bright. I had to put resistors in the indicators to stop them from flashing to quick. After a few nights of researching, splitting and soldering here they are :

And off

• 1 year later...