JapFest 2015 Official Club Stand Here*

berg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just awaiting admin confirmation regarding the show, Japfest had pulled the club tickets off sale nearly 2 weeks before the deadline this year due to apparently being "full up", meaning they went off sale just hours after we removed them from the club shop.

Weve been battling hard trying to sort this out with Japfest but currently its not looking like good news unfortunately

Please just confirm then do we have tickets or not? And does this mean there is not a stand?

If I,ve read it correctly then we don't have a club stand, just tickets , if this is the case I will not be going either ( which would be a missive piss off ) as this is the best show of the year eagerly awaited by a lot of members on here . So Berg ( or a mod ) can you clarify the situation please .

Admins im sure will refund all involved shortly, no tickets will be booked without the stand

Theres nothing more we can do, i cant see any reason why they cant squeeze us in somewhere especially as we only missed the booking by such a short amount of time and the fact the tickets were pulled way before the actual deadline with no sign of it becoming full on the website, but reality is, they wont unfortunately.

I can appologise to those who were looking forward to it even though its not our fault, trust me im as pee'd off as you all

Berg , just out of interest , don't you think we, as a club, should write a letter of complaint to the Japfest organisers putting the case of, early termination of the cut off date being totally out of order , and a stand be made available to our club, as we have been patrons of this event for many years and, as such thought they would have organised it to a higher standard than they have so far achieved .

Berg , just out of interest , don't you think we, as a club, should write a letter of complaint to the Japfest organisers putting the case of, early termination of the cut off date being totally out of order , and a stand be made available to our club, as we have been patrons of this event for many years and, as such thought they would have organised it to a higher standard than they have so far achieved .

+1 on that! As childish as it seems I was really looking forward to japfest and meeting some of you. I feel like christmas has been cancelled. Also lewysdanny I think you should be the creator of the letter.. you seem to be quite good with words lol

+1 on that! As childish as it seems I was really looking forward to japfest and meeting some of you. I feel like christmas has been cancelled. Also lewysdanny I think you should be the creator of the letter.. you seem to be quite good with words lol

Not to give him a big head but Lewysdanny is a superb negotiator maybe should let him resolve on the clubs behalf.

So let down by this actually. Some topclass organisation skills on show by the event organisers. A few compliants on facebook from other clubs having the same issue.

Probably making room for even more civics and scoobys for people to say stuff like 'phat' and 'thats sik bruv' at.

can't help but feel as Dragonball has been given priority that organising a stand for japfest was over looked by the club until late in the day, usually the thread starts in January

Jon ,

I think you have just written what I , and a few others on here have been thinking

You would be wrong then. This is why we have Event Organisers so its not just one person dealing with events.

Ok I,m not getting into any debate on the wrongs or rights , all I,m saying is that each year Japfest is flagged up on this site a lot earlier, than this year. And as you know we as a club are normally well represented at this event however, this year i put a thread up regarding Japfest on the Wales section a lot earlier than the official thread. Even though I know we have event organisers , my thread was not picked up by the afore mentioned EOs so we could get the ball rolling and get the tickets and club stand booked then confirmed .

Ok I,m not getting into any debate on the wrongs or rights , all I,m saying is that each year Japfest is flagged up on this site a lot earlier, than this year. And as you know we as a club are normally well represented at this event however, this year i put a thread up regarding Japfest on the Wales section a lot earlier than the official thread. Even though I know we have event organisers , my thread was not picked up by the afore mentioned EOs so we could get the ball rolling and get the tickets and club stand booked then confirmed .

The thread still went up in Februrary so it wasnt much later

Even though it was left "later" than normal we still had everything ready to book with Japfest 10 days before the actual deadline, the problem being Japfest themselves removed club booking 10 days before their own deadline, meaning us and quite a few other clubs have been left out.

Missing the show has nothing to do with us booking late, or Dragonball, the only effect Dragonball has on Japfest is less members would be attending Japfest this year due to it falling on the same week as Dragonball