The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT Issue

Ash808

Hi all just after a it of advice for a replacement part, my NA just had an mot, past with flying colours, part from an issue with the exhaust gases leaking from the flexi pipe from the manifold to the cat, I've managed to have look underneath in the garage and can see a nice hole, my local garage have spoken to Toyota for the part and they came back with A ridicules price of £700, before even the garage touching it, is there anyway of sourcing this pipe, or something similar that isn't over priced? Anyone else had the same problem

Cheers Ash 

Edited by Ash808 (see edit history)

i presume Chris that will solve the issue, the garage did suggest trying to plug the hole, or try and weld it but he wasn't confident in taking it out due to the age on the bolts, but that would only fix the issue for it to get it through the mot, but I'm sure a while the hole will just "return" what's the best de cat pipe to use?

Ash mate you can get a brand new 1st decat from Whifbitzs for £168 iirc. If you pm Paul to see if he has any offers on them you maybe lucky to get offered free postage :D

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/garage-whifbitz-981.html

I have these but they were listed as a 2.5 decat..... hmmm.

If you don't have a 2nd decat already he does a 1st and 2nd decat for around £260... Also tell that garage to **** off :D

Cat looks fine just rusty, it's the flexi looking bit from the cat that is split/ nasty hole in it that's leaking gases, so it failed the mot on that, from what u and Chris is saying, I mite as well get a decat pipe from Paul and replace the lot, and replace the pipe where the 2nd use to be