The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Racing, anyone on here compete?

Richie_k83

Haha yeah we have met before buddy.i was there at blyton park and came first and even came quicker than a few of the gt86's lol.i sold my old legcay twin turbo and got my supra :) how is yours running after the sprint series?

Nice one mate i know who you are- i remember chatting about your legacy! any build threads or anything on your supra? i'd be interested to read :) ha ha yeah you got me at blyton 2 but that was just payback for an event a couple of months earlier ;) any plans to join us again next year mate?

Doesn't matter if it's wheel to wheel or against the clock, it's competitive and you still put the effort in to be there on the day with the intention of crushing someone's dreams.:cool:

Ha ha nice one mate i know there is a few on here who understand that, but most don't ;) hope your getting on well with yours down the track fella :) I need to come on here more and have a catch up.

Everything has a price here :) And it's already all carbon..... !

C'mon Chris digress your karting career. I know folk in the game who may well remember you! :) I'd be interested to find out.

At the cheapest end of racing you'll do about £7k in a year for a whole season, absolute minimum. For true club-level racing, that is.

well yeah, "true club level" racing to some is different to "competing" to others. Some of us have it in our brains or blood but cannot afford to do "true club level" (however you define that) because quite frankly it is f*cking extortionate to anyone to race on a "normal" wage. Just because we get our fix to compete in our own ways, we don't get classed as proper racers. To me if someone is out there getting track time doing the best they can with what they have in the format they can, including drag racing, which is a great sport in itself IMHO, then hats off- they are out there, getting involved, putting rubber to the tarmac and above all enjoying themselves- and that's the name of the game to me ;)

• 5 months later...

Been surrounded by racing stuff these last few months at work (aside from the parts)

A handful of guys in the office are now competing and making progress.

Dunlop Puma Cup race car driven by our head of sales which uses stock engine and drivetrain with the exception of an exhaust, uprated pads, sticky tires and Gaz Gold Coilovers;

Our tricked out Suzuki Swift running a recently fitted SQS 6 speed sequential box, Jenvey throttle bodies, Kelford Cams, full Piper exhaust system, Cusco coilovers, rollcage and LSD.

This is being co driven by a couple of sales guys in Hill Climb & Sprint Racing this year;

Just one of the old school cars owned by our company director, a Singer Chamois to be used in Historic production class sprinting;

Following on from this, I can't stop the need to go have some fun and decided to bite the bullet and try my hand at some racing...

So I got my licence application filled out and sent off :)

I will be competing on an entry level budget so not throwing around the big bucks in the up to 1400cc modified production class Sprint.

I'm driving a 1.2 Corsa C that is a work in progress as the car came to me cheap. Going to shed a ton of weight where possible and concentrate 100% on handling and brakes.

Can't wait...!

Edited by Richie_k83 (see edit history)

Good on ya Rich. I think a cheap to run/rebuild car is the wisest option for door to door racing.

If the series you'll be running in is anything like some that use Mondello as part of their calendars then there will be drivers out there with you that view other cars as a means of getting around a corner quicker.

My advise to you is to do the same, only better!:eyebrows:

Oh and that Swift sounds like a bit of fun!

Nice 1 mate, keep us updated.

Good on ya Rich. I think a cheap to run/rebuild car is the wisest option for door to door racing.

If the series you'll be running in is anything like some that use Mondello as part of their calendars then there will be drivers out there with you that view other cars as a means of getting around a corner quicker.

My advise to you is to do the same, only better!:eyebrows:

Oh and that Swift sounds like a bit of fun!

Cheers guys :)

Swift looks fun but i've not had a go yet.

Got a load of suspension stuff ordered up for the car along with some maintenance parts too.

Had an email to say my race license is on its way to me already.

Race suit, gloves and boots are coming Tuesday and my helmet is here already :)

Pretty excited...!