The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kick down switch part of the which loom?

Kirk

Does anyone know if the plug for the kick down switch part of the engine bay loom (not the engine loom) and if so is it tied up somewhere on a manual loom?

Reason I ask is because I'm the middle of an odd job, converting manual to auto (don't ask) and I would of thought it's pretty crucial to have this although I've been wrong before!

It's the main loom behind the dashboard... Everything to the bare bulk head has to come out to change it. It has the fusebox drivers side and also the loom goes all the way round to the pass side near the rear seat.

You will prob need the dash loom as well as the above loom and also engine loom. Quite a big job to go manual to auto!

As I've discovered.! What a royal pain in the arse.

I had a feeling it would be part of that. Looking at the wiring diagram it pulls to ground so in theory running a wire to the correct ECU pin out from one pin of the connector and another wire off the second pin straight to ground should work I think :think:

As I've discovered.! What a royal pain in the arse.

I had a feeling it would be part of that. Looking at the wiring diagram it pulls to ground so in theory running a wire to the correct ECU pin out from one pin of the connector and another wire off the second pin straight to ground should work I think :think:

Make sure you also have the plugs near the shifter for the auto shifter. A white and blue plug and also iirc the rev counter plug has some wires missing to control the gears on the rev face...

Is it a blue supra by any chance?

Make sure you also have the plugs near the shifter for the auto shifter. A white and blue plug and also iirc the rev counter plug has some wires missing to control the gears on the rev face...

Is it a blue supra by any chance?

Its black mate.

So ideally I want to be changing the dash loom over as well?