The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back Again

jot_ie

Many thanks guys, I'm really pleased with it.

She looks amazing but we need to see the other side ;)

I will see if I can organise some after work, but I can assure you, the other side is perfect, you would never know anything ever happened.

The bodyshop guy did a fantastic job on repairing the rear quarter panel and a complete "everything off" respray and clearcoat

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a wonderful thread. Good on you for keeping the car John, it must have been heartbreaking to find out it had been nicked.

Nice colour by the way - is that an OEM colour?

Ahh Cheers :-), Many thanks.

Yes indeed, heartbreaking would be an understatement :-).

I bought it in 2003 and was driving it every day at the time.

But at least I got it back, unlike so many, who get to see their stolen cars burn on youtube.

It's now better than ever :-)

Yes the colour is OEM, I had it resprayed in its original colour, quicksilver, toyota colour code 1B9.

She looks amazing, the guy has done an amazing job. You must be happy to have her back.

For sure, I'm absolutely delighted. Its been quite a while getting to this stage, buying parts when I could afford them.

Too many days spent on my hands and knees out in the open air, in jan, feb and march. Well worth it though.

He did a really fabulous job for sure. A small family run business out in the sticks in Wicklow, just himself and his son. He takes his time and is meticulous.

I left the car with him for a couple of months, paying him some money every month. That way he could give it the time it needed and I didn't get a big bill at the end, not that he was expensive.

It will need new seats as the front ones are fairly tatty, and it needs a new audio system, they ripped that out when it was stolen.

But I don't need those to get it on the road. I can save and get them in the New year.

I still have a few things to tidy up. After that I have to get an engineers report for the insurance company, along with the NCT (National Car Test .. same as MOT).

Should be good to go then as long as it passes both :-)

This thread makes me happy John! :cool: That's some job he did, looks like a perfect finish, fingers crossed for the NCT and eng report, hopefully our paths will cross at a meet some day bud :)

Many thanks Jim :), fingers toes and everything else crossed when the time comes.

Yes for sure, once its back on the road I'm hoping to take a few road trips. There are parts of this island I haven't been to before, maybe The Giants Causeway and Bushmills Distillery when the weather picks up early next year :)

Heart warming to see someone going out of their way to keep a MK4 on the road. Easy option would of been to break it and put the cash towards another one. Well done sir, I salute you ;)

Many thanks :)

It was stolen in Feb 2011, and sat out the back in my homeplace in wicklow since then.

I never really considered breaking it, as I worked too hard to get it, but it was awful to see it sitting outside the kitchen window and weeds growing around it.

I started buying parts from Toyota in Sept 2014. Local garage guy was helping me out doing some bits I couldn't do myself, pushing in bearings etc.

He said one day, "have you tried starting it".

So Christmas 2014 I hooked it up to the jeep with jump leads.

First turn of the key ...... sat there purring away, not a stutter or hesitation for more than an hour, on almost 4 year old fuel.

Then I knew I could't break it :)