The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Leak-- 90 degree L Shape tyre valve

Jellybean

Hey

Put on some new tyre valves all round , one of them is leaking slightly about 1 psi a day

The leak coming from the rubber on the stem of the valve

Is it tyre off and re-tighten the valve with an allen key again or tiger seal the top of the valve?

Maybe these valves are prone to leaking?

http://www.hirano-tire.co.jp/rays/valve_09.jpg

Had them on my wheels and they never leaked, perhaps they're not tight enough or the rim where

they sit needs cleaning.

Tyre off unless the bead can be broken and pushed over far enough to get at the valve

Had them on my wheels and they never leaked, perhaps they're not tight enough or the rim where

they sit needs cleaning.

Tyre off unless the bead can be broken and pushed over far enough to get at the valve

Thanks Dunk , to be honest mine always leaked since new (loose about 4-5 psi over 7 days) but then again I found the tyre fitter only had one rubber on the valve not two for each side of the barrel

The other three tyres this time round seem to be retaining their pressures , I should of fitted the valves myself , I also read some guys put blue thread lock on the valves too , stop them loosing pressure over time

Thanks Dunk , to be honest mine always leaked since new (loose about 4-5 psi over 7 days) but then again I found the tyre fitter only had one rubber on the valve not two for each side of the barrel

The other three tyres this time round seem to be retaining their pressures , I should of fitted the valves myself , I also read some guys put blue thread lock on the valves too , stop them loosing pressure over time

:blink:

Think i'd be looking for a new tyre fitter.

Mine were fitted with no sealer or thread lock etc