The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bodyshops

Guest ray671984

Guest ray671984

Hello been a while since i have been on here my plan of buying a supra did not go to plan a change of heart and i got my self a evo7 GT-A just before xmas gone anyway i have been trying to find a decent bodyshop around the north east who could do some bodywork on it. I have tryed 5 bodyshops in total and the last one i tryed he is sound bloke but i think he is asking far to much maybe? Here is my list and price what he has gave me see what you all think.

Labour rate is at £35.00 per hour

Front bumper: To remove, strip down front bumper completely

for painting remount & realign. Repaint bumper mesh grilles x4

Repair bonnet: Remove all bonnet trims repaint inside & out & reassemble

Side skirts: Left & Right remove repaint reassemble

Slam panel: Remove trims headlamps etc repaint slam panel reassemble trims headlamps etc

Rear bumper: Remove and remove trims and fill in fog lamp hole repaint

Filler cap: Repaint cap aperture

Bootlid: Remove trims and spoiler & repaint inside and out

Local O/S/R inner quarter panel aperture

Local O/S/R Wheel arch lip

Local Bottom N/S/R Arch

Remove rust on underside of boot floor

This is the list what was put together what the car needs now the price this is with vat £3000.00 and this is with pick up and delivery but that was free of charge.

Cheers

Ray

£3,500 inc VAT is about right in my mind for a same colour respray on a car.

I did pay more on my last car, but looking back I probably paid too much. You can probably significantly reduce that cost if you can partially dismantle the car ready for the body shop.

This is what I plan on doing with mine.

Guest ray671984

Its not a full respray mate i think what does not help its 3 stage pearl white and i think that is what is bumping the price up maybe?? with having to try and blend every thing in proper i have sent the guy a email this morning to see if it would be cheaper to just respray the whole car wicked white (same as Igloo White) on my log book its just got white so its had a full respray at one stage here is 2 pics of the car what it looks like at the min.

Then this is before i had the evo9 copied fiberglass bumpers taken off and a genuine evo9 bonnet removed

Ray

Guest ray671984

There is no way i could strip this car my self one i would not know were to start and two i am a wheelchair user so limited to what i can do..

Cheers

Ray

• 6 months later...
Guest ray671984

Hello all,

Just thought i would update this thread as it's been some time i found a bodyshop in the end. Both me and my painter agreed in the end that its best to have a full respray in the pearlescent white to look right so off it went end of september put into his storage. And over many weeks he started doing work on it its a slow process and what he has said a lot of work needs doing to get it looking right anyway here are some pics :D

The day it went off

A vist to see what had been done over just a couple of days of it been there in one of his massive storage containers so kept nice and dry looking very sorry for it self mind.

This is the rear bumper having the nasty fog light hole plastic welded up

This is were the fog light used to be i wanted it coverd over

This is were the car is now at the bonnet had a lot of damage due to tnt not handling it in the right manner this has now been all fixed and painted as you can see the rear bumper and the front bumper have been stripped and in primer he is hoping to start on the rest of the car soon he said he is just sorting the niggley bits out first before he moves on it should look mint once its all done it's cost me £3000 all told.