The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spending the Supra money.Ideas !

MichaelG

Where's the fun in buying a concours one ;)

I too have a soft spot for the S1 turbo. I can definitely recommend the MR2 turbo, easily tuneable and cheap too. Insurance is also sensible, but they aren't exactly spacious !

I love the look of the Evo 5, so I'd be tempted by one of them aswell.

Decisions decisions eh ;)

My heart is telling me the Evo again.......they are blisteringly fast and nimble......and my head says "go with a project, a toy on the mini and save some cash"

Am off to Cyprus in 2 weeks, so i will mull over it.......but i HATE having to choose a new car......always get Buyers Remorse immediately after it !! LOL :violin:

always get Buyers Remorse immediately after it !! LOL :violin:

Ah, not just me then ! I can never decide !!!

I went out a few weeks ago to buy a 'cheap to and from work diesel'. What did I bring home ? 1999 BMW 740i, 4.4v8 with 286bhp and 324lbft torque :rolleyes:

My missus can't be arsed to get bent out of shape about it any more, she just accepts I'm a car nut. And I'm already thinking out what to replace the BMW with :help:

Hope you find something that takes your fancy ;)

Matt

and my head says "go with a project, a toy on the mini and save some cash"

Doubt you would be saving cash though mate. New minis are still going for 13k for the Cooper, 16k for the Cooper S. Even the One is over 11k (i think). Mods, epecially along the lines of turbochargers, wont come cheap either. Think you could easily blow your budget if you go down this line. Id opt for the MR2 or why not consider a VR6 Golf. The MkIIIs go for as little as 3-4K now, 200Bhp IIRC and good tuning potential.

Ah, not just me then ! I can never decide !!!

I went out a few weeks ago to buy a 'cheap to and from work diesel'. What did I bring home ? 1999 BMW 740i, 4.4v8 with 286bhp and 324lbft torque :rolleyes:

My missus can't be arsed to get bent out of shape about it any more, she just accepts I'm a car nut. And I'm already thinking out what to replace the BMW with :help:

Hope you find something that takes your fancy ;)

Matt

LOL that sounds exactly like what i would / will end up doing !! :thumbs:

Hi,I am in the process of developing a turbo kit for the mini cooper,as a budget kit, in collabaration with Amd. turbo/manifold done,ducting, cooler also no problem,just mapping and control to do, has been done using cooper s ecu,but the wiring install looks a mess . I am forced to go to the far east to get kits manufactured,as I cannot get the fabrication done in the uk at a viable cost. we are looking initially at 200 bhp so it would be about cooper s

power levels should be available in next few months-trying to keep cost to about £2000-2500, If you have loads of cash we can do a cooper s to 350 bhp,but I have found the first 3 gears almost undrivable with "only" 275 especially in the wet on our shitty roads!!!

Hi,I am in the process of developing a turbo kit for the mini cooper,as a budget kit, in collabaration with Amd. turbo/manifold done,ducting, cooler also no problem,just mapping and control to do, has been done using cooper s ecu,but the wiring install looks a mess . I am forced to go to the far east to get kits manufactured,as I cannot get the fabrication done in the uk at a viable cost. we are looking initially at 200 bhp so it would be about cooper s

power levels should be available in next few months-trying to keep cost to about £2000-2500, If you have loads of cash we can do a cooper s to 350 bhp,but I have found the first 3 gears almost undrivable with "only" 275 especially in the wet on our shitty roads!!!

Very interesting, i darent let the g/f see this post yet though ! ha ha :innocent:

Is 200bhp a maximum from the Cooper or is that a conservative guess so far ?

Would it therfore be a better option to upgrade the engine to cooper S Spec and take it from there or is that silly work / money.

Michael :thumbs:

to cooper s engine the cooper is silly money,and a heap of work/bits,we have put a cap of 200 bhp ,because the cost increases rapidly to produce more and we have found the more interest customers have in their cars and the more they want more power/mods ........the less disposable income they have!--every day we get calls "I want a trillion bhp,fantastic handling/brakes,body kit,wheels,etc...etc.. " in fact the moon on a stick ,I ask them their budget....."£199"... I can get them a good stick for that!!!

to cooper s engine the cooper is silly money,and a heap of work/bits,we have put a cap of 200 bhp ,because the cost increases rapidly to produce more and we have found the more interest customers have in their cars and the more they want more power/mods ........the less disposable income they have!--every day we get calls "I want a trillion bhp,fantastic handling/brakes,body kit,wheels,etc...etc.. " in fact the moon on a stick ,I ask them their budget....."£199"... I can get them a good stick for that!!!

LOL that has to be the chav \ saxo mentality in a nutshell. Superb lol. :D

Depends what you want from a car?

If your wanting something purely fun and insane..... maybe a single turbo RX7? 200sx all drifted up?

If your wanting middle ground a S14a 200sx is a good choice

Or if your wanting something more practical a VW Golf R32 is really really fun round town