Quad gauge pod

Mk4Gaz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I fired the sewing machine up last night, trying to make a pattern. Think I've got it sussed, although I'm no seamstress lol!

I was going to do a 3 gauge one originally, but as the dash is quite long, I felt a 4 gauge pod would utilise the space better. Could always mount 3 gauges, and perhaps a boost controller or engine start button or anything else I guess?

Had another play after work today, with the sewing machine!

I'm certainly not about to give my day job up and become a vehicle trimmer lol!

Overall I'm fairly happy with it, it's not perfect, and I'm not sure how long the spray glue will last, but it doesn't look too bad.

Just need to decide on gauge size now. 60mm would look best, but it would mean replacing all my current 52mm gauges.

I'll have to think on it.

Going to wait a while to see if the leatherette lifts at all, before I commit to fitting it :thumbs:

how long till you start taking orders ?

Not sure buddy, I've done all I can, and sent out pms regarding hobbyist membership, but the powers that be seem reluctant to grant it to me!

I want to work on my trimming skills a bit more, before I commit to agreeing anything, as I'd hate people to be unhappy with anything I produce.

• 1 month later...

Finally got this finished today. I wasn't happy with the leatherette on the first one, so I made another, and trimmed it again but used 3mm foam behind it. Looks much neater

Fitted today, with double sided tape. It seems to be stuck quite well, but I may put a small fixing in the top, that could easily be repaired if I ever removed it.

Excuse the mish mash of gauges, I need to get matching ones!

And give the car a damn good clean :D

• 8 months later...
Thank you guys, I'm moulding it now, so will see how it comes out. But, I also want to do things properly, so I'm hoping my hobbyist membership gets granted, and if it does, I'll get some lists together and keep myself busy for a while lol!

let me know if you make and are willing to sell to me !