The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all! A Supra WILL be my next car!

Guest Bentley

The auto is a great box to use, the only thing I'm not too keen on are the launches off the lights etc. You can't build up the revs before you drop the clutch like you would in a manual. Personally I prefer a manual and will convert my Supra at some point, I only got an auto box as the aerotop was not available in a RHD manual. Test drive both and see what you prefer, and welcome to the club

Just put your Left foot on the brake to assit the launch ;) granted do not do this alot i cant see the box liking it if you do it every 500ft

Just put your Left foot on the brake to assit the launch ;) granted do not do this alot i cant see the box liking it if you do it every 500ft

I have thought about this but I can't imagine the box will last long doing it! I'm thinking more of trying to nip out on roundabouts etc than trying to beat (race) someone off the lights - it's game over once the tubbies kick in :innocent:

Edited by charlton (see edit history)

I have thought about this but I can't imagine the box will last long doing it! I'm thinking more of trying to nip out on roundabouts etc than trying to beat (race) someone off the lights - it's game over once the tubbies kick in :innocent:

Aye but an epic launch that beats an evo off the line is better than reeling in the evo imo :) either way winnings winning i suppose :D i havent done the brake boost much tbh but when I do its worth it.

Guest Bentley

haha i cant imagine the box would like that, can you not get launch control mapped into the autos?

Just another quick question, whats usual sort of power you get out of the TTs with the BPU mods?

haha i cant imagine the box would like that, can you not get launch control mapped into the autos?

Just another quick question, whats usual sort of power you get out of the TTs with the BPU mods?

A well looked after BPU will be around 400 flywheel HP

Aye you can get boostlogic traction/launch control with the stock ecu or you could get a piggy back that could do it, but ive do e that loads of times in mine, my box is still perfect its no worse than taking it to santapod and doing the same thing ;)

Aye as above 400fly you can get above that with some extras, mine made 397.7 with just two decats, fmic and a fcd on stock jspec fuel pump etc

Guest Bentley

thats a lot more power just from a few mods, shows how much potential these engines have! they are 326bhp standard arnt they? is there any difference in power between the import and uk spec?

thats a lot more power just from a few mods, shows how much potential these engines have! they are 326bhp standard arnt they? is there any difference in power between the import and uk spec?

Uks have 550 injecters instead of 440s, steel turbo internals rather than ceramic blades, differents cams? I think, so slightly better in terms of longevity of turbo life but slower spooling

The UK was quoted as 326bhp, and the Jspec as 280 due to the Gentleman's Agreement, but it really had about 320.

Guest Bentley

Yeah i wondered about that agreement, my mate was on about that with his r32. if they are 280 it wouldn't take much to get it up and over 300bhp I guess. Thanks for all the information information and welcomes guys :)