The mkiv Supra Owners Club

External wastegates: plumbed in or screamer pipes?

marc_p

Def. the right decision mark.

I have had screamer pipe with straight through exhausts and silenced exhausts and now have plumbed in with twin silencers. I would never go back to an open screamer pipe if I could avoid it.

I am happy with the volume of my car and think it sounds ace on boost without being too offensive. The only downside of silencers is that its more difficult to make pops and bangs which I find fun.

With a 3.5 inch exhaust with no silencers, whatever he does with the wastegate outlet(s) he won't be doing any track days, and may well be ripping the lot off if the more rigorous police noise enforcement comes to his area, or wherever he travels. Personally I think noisy exhausts and screamer pipes just, err "scream" point your radar this way, or come and bag me....

Not by choice, I blew both baffles out on last years DragonBall.

I live in the sticks in North Yorkshire dales anyway, nobodies bothered about noisy cars, just drunk farmers.