The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Don't shoot the messenger

Suprab1

You said supra has always beat the GTR, no matter what way you look at it, tuned or stock, that statement is not true. :)

Fair enough mate. In that case I worded it wrong. Fully admit that. What I'm getting at is there is no comparative model supra against the GTR since the R33. I'd just like to see a new supra be as good as the new GTR and I think its do able :)

I know some of you hate the GT-86 but I believe they would go with the same ethos for the new Supra i.e.: a drivers car that's not all about the BHP figure. I think a nice 400BHP toy would be pretty good, particularly if they DO follow the GT-86 ethos and allow tuning, so you can buy bolt on parts and get more power along with all the handling and aesthetic mods available - a proper tuners car like a higher power version of the GT-86.

The GTR is the opposite in this respect, yeah it's an awesome car but it seems like they tried everything they could to stop people fiddling and changing it in any way, I hope the new Supra isn't like that.

The hope would be that they do something to compete i just think its not possible without it being as expensive as the Lfa, which would make the supra pointless in terms of matching the gtr, they should focus on it being better (stats wise) than ferrari, porsche, lambo, masserati, mercedes sl's, bmw m cars etc, etc the focus should be being the best rwd it can be for a sensible cost

Agreed.

Good rubber, really decent Traction/launch system. I'm sure they could do something. Worst case is they make a 4wd supra I guess..

But a new Supra would need more tricks than just good rubber, TC, etc. Surely Nissan already have these things on the GTR. I doubt they fit ditchfinders to them. A 4wd supra would be wrong IMO, I'd much rather it didn't try to match cars such as the GTR stat-for-stat on the strip (or track).

I disagree I think it needs to beat the GTR.

Why though? The 4WD system must help with launches and handling (otherwise Nissan wouldn't fit it), so any car that doesn't use it would need to bring something extra-special to the party (read: extra expensive). Producing a car that's faster than another car is mainly one-upmanship (bragging rights, if you like).