The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Think I can start to see why people are breaking their cars

supra steveo

dont know if you can hear this or not but it sounds now like a bearing has gone, also had it on the ramps today and it looks like the flywheel maybe warped i was told it didnt look as if it was spinning straight :( think at the end of the year i will get the car sorted out if i can find anybody willing to sort it out as its way above my know how level

dont know if you can hear this or not but it sounds now like a bearing has gone, also had it on the ramps today and it looks like the flywheel maybe warped i was told it didnt look as if it was spinning straight :( think at the end of the year i will get the car sorted out if i can find anybody willing to sort it out as its way above my know how level

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/suprastevo/th_E09C87D7-9BCD-45F7-99F5-3646ED51C4CD-5956-00000171B59DFB4E_zpsa122096b.jpg

Sorry to hear that Steve. Surely you are in the best place up there with members and Jurgen etc.

I got very close to selling mine when it broke down *again* the other week. I was almost dead set on it until I got it back up and running today. I took it out for a spin, got on to a bit of boost and came to the conclusion that nothing else would put as much of a grin on my face :(

Sorry to hear that Steve. Surely you are in the best place up there with members and Jurgen etc.

I got very close to selling mine when it broke down *again* the other week. I was almost dead set on it until I got it back up and running today. I took it out for a spin, got on to a bit of boost and came to the conclusion that nothing else would put as much of a grin on my face :(

not in Newcastle at the Mo H nor do i have the money to sort it, i think in the new year i will sort this out , need to find somewhere that can rebuild or recondition the V-160 and then sort the engine after :( feel gutted like

My gearbox was noisey so i had it reconditioned by JPS Motorport, less than a grand and no more noises, all bearing replaced and shafts etc checked for wear, mine has done 80k and about 5k of that including heavy drag use/burn outs.

Recon was way cheaper than replacing with another second hand(unknown condition) box 'if' you can find one.

Im sure there must be somebody in the north east that can strip the gearbox for you, parts are still available via Toyota dealers.

• 2 weeks later...