The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spec stage 3 clutch users

berg

• 3 months later...

Bugger, I was kinda hoping the run in period on my stage 4 competition Clutch would see the judder dissapear. Its quite embarrassing when people are staring at your car as it makes the whole car judder! Guess I'll have to put up with it until a v160 kit comes along. I'm avoiding the r154 as apparently it's a bit 'rustic'!

Bugger, I was kinda hoping the run in period on my stage 4 competition Clutch would see the judder dissapear. Its quite embarrassing when people are staring at your car as it makes the whole car judder! Guess I'll have to put up with it until a v160 kit comes along. I'm avoiding the r154 as apparently it's a bit 'rustic'!

To be fair the judder on my Stage 5 clutch has mainly gone when pulling off, it just squeals instead but reversing is laughable to be frank. Pulling off requires lots of revs. My fault for buying the wrong clutch though!

strange...

Lol it'll be interesting to hear if the 6sp makes it any worse of better fly..... It does kinda stop it being family friendly.... Not that the supra ever was to a degree....

I thought a standard or stage 2 CC for the 6sp was good enough to handle lots of power...?

It was a good price, clearance item. However it did say for the Turbo model and i now see you can get a very similar looking clutch for the non turbo that doesnt handle the same power. so it might not be as good a deal, will see when it comes to mapping.

anyone know how to tell the difference?