The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2nd turbo not 'coming on' - Help Appreciated!

marbleapple

As Ian has said, my first steps would be to check the vacuum pipes for leaks, and also check that the boost guage is actually plumbed in to the right place.

Oh, and +1 on a video. It all sounds very odd to me, and none of it really makes much sense.

If there is a way you can get a video with the boost guage, AFR guage, and the dash clocks in at the same time, and still readable, would be best I think. Maybe get someone sat behind you as you drive, recording it?

Hadn't noticed this thread till I got pmed. To clarify a few questions...

It's a uk car running full bpu.

Arround 400ish bhp. Last time it was dyno'd it made 385 at 1.1 bar iirc.

I ran it at 1.3 bar for close to 4 years. That's acceptable for uk turbos.

Id never seen my car reach 2 bar. Or run at anything like 17 afr. That's very strange.

14 on the Afr is what it always says on idle. On boost it would settle to 11-12 as it should. Then when you let off on overrun it goes off the scale and reads - - - almost the same behaviour as on my single.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Guest SL1D3Y

Faulty lambda sensor on the afr? I wouldnt expect much more of an engine left if its truely running that lean!

As for the turbos, a small crack in a vac hose can easily be missed, but would soon open up under any kind of load. Have you checked intercooler pipe work? Does it feel slower now than before? Any turbo blowback (chatter) or dump valve noises lifting off?

Cheers