The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello New Supra Owner from Newcastle

Guest supraintoon

Quite shocked, my first 40 quid only did 110 miles :( ouch!

That is around 15mpg (by my very rough calculations) which is quite low, was this short runs and lots of boost? I'd keep an eye on mpg's as you should be averaging quite a bit more than that.

It could be the oxygen sensor is not working correctly (it is a service part with a limited life span), if the sensor is duff then the ECU will default to a rich mixture, which has a significant effect on mpg's.

That is around 15mpg (by my very rough calculations) which is quite low, was this short runs and lots of boost? I'd keep an eye on mpg's as you should be averaging quite a bit more than that.

It could be the oxygen sensor is not working correctly (it is a service part with a limited life span), if the sensor is duff then the ECU will default to a rich mixture, which has a significant effect on mpg's.

Yeh its just 7 mile to work, which is not far from my gym, and oooooh yes it was floored a lot :) ha, it was my first week of ownership afterall ;)

managed to get 160 out of £45. I'll fill it one day lol

Edited by kitch79 (see edit history)

Guest supraintoon
Yeh its just 7 mile to work, which is not far from my gym, and oooooh yes it was floored a lot :) ha, it was my first week of ownership afterall ;)

managed to get 150 out of £45. I'll fill it one day lol

Sounds about right Danny, first week of my ownership I got similar figures, it also "broke down" fortunately near Cramlington service station and had to call Jurgen out, turned out I had blown an intake pipe clean off from giving it to much right boot after years of it tootling about in Japan :D Like you I was just trying it out after all lol!

Guest ray671984

Real nice supra indeed i will have my own one day dont mind me asking what did you pay for it from jm imports ?

cheers ray

Guest supraintoon
Real nice supra indeed i will have my own one day dont mind me asking what did you pay for it from jm imports ?

cheers ray

I paid £:taped: for mine ;)

Depends on what you want I suppose but just give Jurgen a shout Ray, you'll not be disappointed :D

• 1 month later...
Guest supraintoon

Better late than never ;) Eventually getting round to posting up pictures of my completed Supra.

Now BPU'd, another big thanks to JM Imports for doing another top job. Car feels much more alive now - more responsive, great sound and a lot more shove!

No more major plans for the time being, other than to enjoy driving the car :D

Cheers, Simon.

Guest supraintoon
Looks great, very nice, were you in south shields on thursday driving just off ocean road? I seen (heard it 1st) a white turbo supra there?

No not me, might be someone else on here, seen a few white ones around, a silver one and a black one in the last month or so :D