The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sloped drive engine removal

ashbuster

Did mine on a slight slope and it came out really easy to be fair. Took the box out with it at the same time. Only things noticeable I had to do were to remove the front wheels, drop the car right down on the front and also pick the tail end of the gearbox up to clear the front of the car. I would definitely have at least two people though, three even better :thumbs:

would be good to find a full kit, all seals even for the oil cooler thats oem or uprated

I know Lee P at SRD does a full gasket kit. If that's not what your looking for give Steve manley a bell 01865 291300 he does gen parts at discount and knows his stuff.

yeah steve can get oem parts cheaper cant he?

what head gasket would you guys go for if you were looking into 600-700bhp

and what about bolts/studs, are apr fine ? im sure i read somewhere jamie had problems with arp bolts ?

most just go with the standard size head gasket as far as im aware. There are two sets of APR bolts for the head one being stronger then the other and more pricey, im sure if jamie had a problem with them it might of been because he used the cheaper ones and they might of allowed the head to lift with the huge power he was running. Might be wrong on that though

I would go with the APR bolts and studs i would change the bearing to something like ACL ect aswell but that just me

Edited by fastcar (see edit history)