The mkiv Supra Owners Club

aero quip fitings for cam covers

jay200bhp

Guest Nicholas
I have found that Torques fittings are just as good as goodridge, aeroquip etc but a fraction of the price.

Kaan, you can't post things like this without testing information to back it up, people will often read things like the above and then buy on false advice.

Kaan, you can't post things like this without testing information to back it up, people will often read things like the above and then buy on false advice.

I have used these on all my cars and never had a problem, so has Rob Mitchell. Quite clearly I have not given false information, just advice from personal experience which I think they are great!

Why would I post something to mislead somone into buying rubbish, I dont know what your experience is with them but with the right hands they are as good as good.

Lets hear about your bad experience with torques fittings then??

I have built cars and engines for about 10 years now and dont need to be told whats good and whats not lmao, its getting boring.

Guest Nicholas
I have used these on all my cars and never had a problem, so has Rob Mitchell. Quite clearly I have not given false information, just advice from personal experience which I think they are great!

Why would I post something to mislead somone into buying rubbish, I dont know what your experience is with them but with the right hands they are as good as good.

Lets hear about your bad experience with torques fittings then??

I have built cars and engines for about 10 years now and dont need to be told whats good and whats not lmao, its getting boring.

If it's advice based on personal opinion you forgot "IMO".

You post rubbish because you think what you have is the best out there and often that's not the case, I'm all for opinions after all that's what forums like this are for but your earlier statement read like a fact and as such should be based on actual findings.

You've built car's and engines? why so many posts on whats wrong with my car then? and when did I say what's good and what's not? I just asked for info backing a clear cut statement up, if you cant provide any info then it's just your own opinion and as such, should be stated as being so.

Where did I say that I've had a bad experience with torques fittings?

Edited by Nicholas (see edit history)

If it's advice based on personal opinion you forgot "IMO".

You post rubbish because you think what you have is the best out there and often that's not the case, I'm all for opinions after all that's what forums like this are for but your earlier statement read like a fact and as such should be based on actual findings.

You've built car's and engines? why so many posts on whats wrong with my car then? and when did I say what's good and what's not? I just asked for info backing a clear cut statement up, if you cant provide any info then it's just your own opinion and as such, should be stated as being so.

Where did I say that I've had a bad experience with torques fittings?

Ok well it is my opinion and I did mention that there are better brands out there as for what the op wants, is something suitable for the job. The fittings are all made from the same space industry materials and are made for extreme circumstances such as race engines but each company has there slight differences.

I dont think I have the best out there my car is no where near as good as I would like it to be, but when someone asks for advice and I have the experience to back it up then of course im going to post.

I admit im new to the supra and what I have built is completley different to the supra but in the past, I have built some full working race engines from scratch with all the help from a simple manual and a vast range of tools I have at my garage. The reason I post is because most of the things I need help with are a bit more in depth than what im used to with other cars I have owned such as questions related to a syvecs etc. If I knew how to diagnose I problem through the syvecs then I would be mapping my own car, but I dont, and neither do the majority of this forum.

By the way you posted it sounded like torques fittings were well known for breaking and are nothing but problems which I assumed you have had some bad experiences with them. If one in hundred people have had a bad experience with something it dont necessarily mean its junk.

Guest Nicholas
psst the cross brace is niice in the car nic on the lighter side of this thread :)

:thumbs: :cool: look forward to seeing your car at some of the shows this year Jay, sounds like it's fast becoming one of the finest examples on here!

I have mounted the RXB with the brackets under the carpet to and cut the 43mm hole so you just get the brace and no end plate or mountings worked really well :)

what shows are people going to ?

:thumbs: :cool: look forward to seeing your car at some of the shows this year Jay, sounds like it's fast becoming one of the finest examples on here!

- - - Updated - - -

sorry ash i wont use the fitting goin to the inlet just catch can with the filter to the top i think...

thats what i want to do to it yep :)