The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this a normal 2jz-ge engine?

scott87

i would bin all ideas of vvti...turbo or not... get a tt engine and loom ecu etc and go that way ooo buy a tidy tt..... or even a single depending on your future intentions..buying a done single will save you no end ...

I am going to do all the work myself so dont want a pre-done one. Im also aware that the bottom end on the n/a is stronger than the tt according to a few people, but that could be incorrect.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me whether this engine would be better for a future big build or whether it will make no real difference at all? And whether it would just be the engine loom, ecu and engine that i would need to convert.
I believe it would be worse.

All the 2JZ variants have the same part number for the conrods, except the VVTi 2JZ-GE. It's unlikely that Mr T decided that the late N/A needed stronger rods, so...

Agreed, Craig, all GTEs and non-VVTi N/As - same rods.

VVTi N/As - different rods, presumably weaker.

Spot on thanks for this. That makes a big difference.

Are they lighter due to the vvti system needing to be able to make numerous changes all of the time? (I have been trying to read up on vvti as i have never had experience with it before)