JamesG

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's only slightly astray ! !

We're only throwing STUPID suggestions in with the 'sensible'(?)

ones.....:p

If we all keep 'stabbin' long enough, we might get it ? ?

Power seatbelt retraction thingy?

If they ALL look the same, then it would have had to be an option

or something - too COMMON (!) to be after-market ?

(or DO they all look different ?)

(......Force-Field Generator..... for those WET/back-end moments ?)

Originally posted by Flipfinger

Power seatbelt retraction thingy?

Seat belt pre-tensioners - Nope, that's all controlled by the SRS system, (where applicable).

I've pulled it apart today, but I'm still none the wiser. It has a 40 pin chip inside and some kind of tuner block. The chip has "Standard Microsystems" printed on it...

Someone has suggested Japan has a lot of toll roads, anyone think it could be some kind of auto-toll transmitter/reciever?

• 1 year later...

Following on from the 'Standard key coding' thread in General Discussion.....

Can someone with standard Toyota remote locking built into their ignition key, have a look under the drivers seat. See if there's a box strapped to the floor. (looking like James picture in the first post of this thread)

If so, would someone fancy unplugging it and testing if their remote locking still works? - My guess is that it won't...

I think we've finally found the answer! :innocent:

I in fact found I had one of these when I seriously hoovered the car out. I figured it was the "Electronics-go-wrongatron" that was apparently unique to my car but no. I also have remote locking, I'll disconnect the blighter and see if it still works tonight if I can be arsed.

-Ian

My car just has an ordinary Toyota key yet I still have the mystery box. I suppose the keys could have been replaced when it had an aftermarket alarm fitted (before I bought the car).

edited to say: I wonder who has the record for the longest running thread :D

James.

I've got all the leads the go with one of these but not box itself. :(

My sat nav boox lives there, but I do seem to remember checking to see if the co-ax was connected to the main stereo aerial and it was, so I figured it was just where the aerial would plug into the amp if the car was RHD. Obviosuly I was wrong. Obviously I'm of no help to finding out what it is either!

Oh yeah my car is a '93 GZ.

Nothing to do with the stereo, or hands free. It's a factory option that has a 'y' harness connecting via the ignition barrel and fuse box.

If you follow the aerial coax, it goes up the A pillar and simply turns into a single cable, connecting to nothing, ending near the top of the A pillar...

Anyone with a factory remote built into their ignition key tried disconnecting the box yet?