The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What a lovely pair

DodgyRog

Well Jen and I have have had a good drive around in the GT-86 today and I must admit it is a very nice car to drive

As I am a N/A driver the power is okay,but I must admit it feels like it wants a bit more (although it a nice power curve for everyday use)

As for Jen, well she has totally fallen for it, she actually has said she will be gutted to have to give it back, now Jennie is no petrolhead , in fact the opposite and hates me doing over 85-90 in the Supra

but she was giving it some down the airfield:taped: today and said to me it just seems to go fast easily, I think I might get my first speeding ticket in this, this was at 94 and still going:d

So my general review driving wise is good, it's certainly not the quickest straight line car out there, but it it very reasuring in the bends, even Jennie had confidence in it within 20 mins of driving it

While giving it a quick clean I did notice one build issue, the light cluster in the rear diffuser does not seem very well fixed, the diffuser itself is quite flimsy and only attached at the outer edges, the dash and interior in general is very nice and tactile, except for the plastic in front of the passenger, which has a sort of carbon effect on it, it is a shame as it just cheapens the look and does not feel very good to the touch, but that is a minor thing on a very nice effort from Toyota

So Mr.T give us the option of a small turbo, nothing mad, just enough to give it a punch when needed

I imagine we will be owning one when the 2nd hand market gets to a couple of years old

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

Popped into Toyota in Exeter today as it has been sold and is now Snow's Toyota rather than Marsh

Anyway we had a phone call to say they had the TRD GT86 in if we wanted to have a look, unfortunately we didn't have the time for a test drive, but I have to admit it looks much nicer than the stock one

The bigger wheels fill the arches better and the Seats are very impressive, they just look classy

I didn't get any pics today, but will try and pop by in the week and post a couple up here

I have to say I am starting to really like the GT86 especially in the TRD form