The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much does a wire tuck cost

_Shane_

how much are we talking about so guys to have a wire tuck done lol ?

Ha I was just thinking the same, no ones actualy said! Oh and note to self the igniter DOES need earthing to the car!!! Gave my self issues re locating this thinking it had its own earth! Turney key and no startey!

I would have no bothers giving the car to someone and they could take their time doing it, i am in no rush with my supra, i want it all done right and i know it wont be done over night etc pity I dont live in the uk as i could get one of you chaps to do it :)

how much are we talking about so guys to have a wire tuck done lol ?

If your paying for Somone to tuck the bay for you, the price will vary on how far you want to take it.

I would take a guess that if you just wanted the 2 looms tucked on both side into the wings then I would think around the price of £280-£350, then a battery relocate into boot I would say around £100 labor and £200.00 for a dry cell battery plus parts, fuse box is a big job so I'm going to take a hit at saying maby around £250ish and so on.

A full bay wire tuck including fuse box, battery, igniter, coil (NA), loom I would say you could be looking at around £800-£900 depending on who does it! But this is just a guess at what I think it could cost so I could be way off lol.

If you do it your self it cost me around £70.00 for enough wires to relocate fuse box, £40.00 for zero gauge amp kit to relocate battery (eBay), I still need a dry cell battery but £200.00 there. Around £40.00 in bits and bobs like loom tape, lots of heat shrink, cable ties, etc.

So It's cost me around £150.00 so far but still need a battery, and hours and hours of work. :)

Ps: I forgot to mention I also deleted my abs and that was expencive as I ran into a few problems doing it my self and it cost me ££££'s

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

With regards to your battery, can you not just use your existing battery ?

No mate as fumes from the charging cycle will DISTROY YOU!!!! Pmsl :D

No you can't mate, if it's going to be in the cabin you need a dry cell battery wich won't give off toxic fumes

I think you be looking more like £350.00 for just the fuse box in the boot. Im not going to do anymore wire tucks as you can get in all sorts of trouble and people dont like paying the money... if you want to do it properly get the bays holes welded and then all flushed, but then your looking at ££££