The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo Conversion on a jzz30 soarer

mestew87

I am just finishing the single turbo conversion on my soarer and was wondering about the factory lamda sensor, The factory loom is very short on it due to the location of the factory downpipe, however with the top mount kit the sensor will not reach,

So i was wondering what people with the single turbo conversions have done ?

I have also fitted a full standalone ecu system (AEM EMS V2), would i be able to utilise a wideband lamda in its place instead ?

i think your ecu can be mapped to have a closed loop map where it trys to maintain 14.7 afr,

what i have done is just extended the wires to the stock lambda to keep my closed loop as i have a large turbo T67 which doent make enogh boost while still in closed loop to be a issue and have a AEM FIC 8, cheap piggy back ecu

its best to extend the wire on the sensor not the loom, im not 100% if it has an affect as i have fitted a n/a sensor on a TT car due to the TT having a flange on the sensor, but after the car is hot and left for a couple of minutes it will stay lean when started for about 20 seconds but a cople of blips of the throttle sort it out.

The ecu was a plug and play unit but it had a custom harness made for it to be plug and play, the car is still on the standard injectors for the running in of the clutch etc, I have a set of 550cc injectors, so should hopefully provide enough fuel for 500bhp

I bought my e u and harness from drift motion! There's one for sale just now for £800 with the patch harness

I bought the same turbo you are running