The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is anyone running NA-T on here?

spider2123

The difference is that you can do the work yourself and you know what you are doing whereas myself and I assume others just don't trust ourselves and normally think it is best to get a grown up..... Hence the cost.

Exactly what i was just about to say. It works out cheap if you can do it yourself and buy a budget kit. However if you have to pay someone to fit it buying a budget kit is pointless as would end up spending more to get it fitted then on the kit itself...

Having said that, if i can find someone to help me fit it then it may be an option :)

Exactly what i was just about to say. It works out cheap if you can do it yourself and buy a budget kit. However if you have to pay someone to fit it buying a budget kit is pointless as would end up spending more to get it fitted then on the kit itself...

Having said that, if i can find someone to help me fit it then it may be an option :)

I was thinking more as we have Jekyll as a trader on here that does bargain NA-T builds :D

agreed, a friend of mine has gone through 3 w58's now and he's running 365bhp so by no means a large amount, I'm going to be piecing together the parts and sending my sump pan off to a friend to be tapped for return line along with a FFIM that will require drilling and tapping.

He obviously has been getting crap boxes. My w58 is holding up fine at 373hp and ive given it a fair amount of abuse. Over 6000 miles of hard abuse and not one problem. can even feel the stage 5 clutchgetting worn. Ur mates box can definitely not be held as an accurate comparison to the w58s internal capabilities.

Jekyl had 380 for months. welshstealth has 385 and no issues. to push the point further parry has 426bhp with the w58. your mate obviously bought boxes with no gear oil :-)

An na t setup running bpu power should be fine on 99% na transmissions. the closer to get to 400bhp be aware that the quicker it will wear out as they arent bullet proof but still do well under torque a standard na t setup gives you.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

I was thinking more as we have Jekyll as a trader on here that does bargain NA-T builds :D

Im not going to say how much, but Jekyll did offer to build my NA-T if i purchased the budget kit myself, it was a good price but would probably cost me about £400 fuel to get to him and back haha

Excellent idea! :D

I am so simple I have to wear this badge http://www.google.co.uk/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://ateachersupply.com/cart/images/I%20am%20special%20smiling%20ribbon%20rewards.jpg&sa=X&ei=cyW2T7mUK4qX8QPj3ZC4Cg&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNG5JQog84Q7cv4M4tiBpFMDCDRTqA

If only they made something that could make the sound of a BOV that way we could just pretend we had a turbo :p

Ask and you shall recieve, I choose the more expensive of the few available as I prefer to buy quality.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turbo-Sound-Simulator-Whistle-Fake-Blow-Off-Sound-/270976413908?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1773f0d4

Haha no doubt!

I can somehow not picture JP worrying about my £4.20 budget build where I need to borrow around £10 to get my fake bov and from that I need to yield roughly 1000bhp to the wheels....... It seems such a dead cert that I should race him for pink slips at supra pod.

I was thinking that we should make a remake of F@F where my NA is not fast enough to catch up with the truck towing another member and if we do catch up with it I don't have a aerotop so somebody has to squeeze through the passenger window and make a daring leap...... The other difference would be someone gets to use the line "I am laying down my V5C Brian just like you"

I can somehow not picture JP worrying about my £4.20 budget build where I need to borrow around £10 to get my fake bov and from that I need to yield roughly 1000bhp to the wheels....... It seems such a dead cert that I should race him for pink slips at supra pod.

I was thinking that we should make a remake of F@F where my NA is not fast enough to catch up with the truck towing another member and if we do catch up with it I don't have a aerotop so somebody has to squeeze through the passenger window and make a daring leap...... The other difference would be someone gets to use the line "I am laying down my V5C Brian just like you"

This will bring a new level of excitement to Suprapod. If it goes well it could become a touring show and travel the country! Failing that....next years Britain's got talent? haha

This will bring a new level of excitement to Suprapod. If it goes well it could become a touring show and travel the country! Failing that....next years Britain's got talent? haha

Ill do the end scene jumping in front of the train, let me work this out, if the 4.30 from northampton goes through santapod at 4.40 if i leave the start line about 4.00 i should just beat the train :p

Haha love it ! you like fixing my posts dont you :p

I think I have only changed a couple of peoples posts to be honest, The fact I made the writing in bold really impressed me.... See my earlier badge for full details as to why I enjoyed this moment so much :)