The mkiv Supra Owners Club

advice please on 19inch rear tyres want fatter tyres???

Supra N_A

There are several very good tyres you could fit, what do you have on the front ?

Also what is your budget ?

I've just checked and there isnt much choice in 285 x 30 x 19 youd have to go up

a size in the profile to 35 to get better choice.

You'd be much better off with 275's much more choice

The tyres on my car are Continental contact 2's and are a very good

tyre, 275 30 19's are £240 each

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

How does that help Josh ? your on 18" rims so if you put 285 35 on 19's the differance from stock

is 46 mm !!

Showing what a 285 looks like on a 10" rearand the difference in how the tyre looks. You're too quick to jump at all my comments.

agree I like to match all tyres BUT do you think its actually necessary?

not think the 285s?

hmmm camskills dont have the 285/30/19s in or even stock them?

Matched set of tyres is the way to go in my opinion and as i said if you go to 275 30

you have much more choice and you'll be closer to the stock overall size.

yea just seen you edited that before dude.. so how much does 275s add on as you say 285s add 27mm in diameter?

is there going to be much difference with the 275s to the ones i have now thow 265s hmmm

The 275 30 19 are 6 mm bigger in diameter than your 265 30 19

What is your issue man? You're nice as pie in real life (when I've met you) then you just jump down my throat on here.

Same as a lot of people on here.

How is what i said jumping down your throat ?

I wonder why you think posting your 18" tyre and wheel sizes with totally differant makes

of tyre helps the op have an idea what another make of tyre will look like when if you actually take

a bit of time to check you'll see that the sidewall height is differant by quite a lot.

Let alone how much the sidewall profiles vary from one make to another, one giving a stretched

appearance and another looking like the tyres actually too wide.

Im not having a go but sometimes what you might think is helping isn't helping at all and more than likely

actually confusing the issue.

I seriously wasn't trying to jump down your throat but i am trying to help the op to understand fitting the correct size is more important than what it looks like.

I am a nice guy and im sorry if my reply upset you so much, it wasn't intended to :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

for all the money dont think its really worth going for the 275s make little difference may as well go for the 285s?

like these

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m55b0s4794p61312/CONTINENTAL_TYRES_CAR_CONTINENTAL_SPORT_CONTACT_5P_CONTISPORTCONTACT_5P_-_285_30R19_98%2BY_XL_%28MO%29_FR_TL_%28Mercedes%29%0A

Contisports are way better than Falkens, if i were you i'd buy all four :)