The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how much to spray front bumper.

barneybrendan

Just had a quote on my bonnet at £350-400 thats if I repair it myself. I'm off to get an air fed mask etc and will do it myself. For £400 I'm pretty sure I can do a passable job and have the tools and consumables left over to do some other jobs. If I was looking at a full respray I wouldn't even consider it, but how hard can 1 panel be?....................

I've painted enough cars, bikes etc in the past in cellulose to know my technique is good, I've just not tried 2k

and when you've had a go it will cost even more to have put right.

there's nothing worse than taking on someone else's f**k up.

but good luck,i look forward to seeing your efforts at some point

and when you've had a go it will cost even more to have put right.

there's nothing worse than taking on someone else's f**k up.

but good luck,i look forward to seeing your efforts at some point

I think I'll try and take the positive points in that. As it stand at the moment I have an oem bonnet that has been 'pro' sprayed and its friggin' terrible. I also have a Jun Carbon fibre bonnet that has also had a pretty poor paintjob done. I'm not saying I could ever hope to acheive a finish like yourself and Rob do with all of the facilities. But I do have 5000sqft of indoor space, a booth, some great gear and an apprenticeship in veteran and vintage resto, Then worked in a bodyshop for several years so I do have a little bit of experience. This was 15yrs ago when cellulose was 'ok'. It does seem to be assumed that everyone on here without a bodyshop is 16 and has only ever used a halfords rattlecan to smarten up a dull grey flyover.

If money wasn't an issue or I thought that there was anyone around here I would trust I would be getting it done by a pro, as neither of these are likely to happen I'll do it myself.

Thanks for all the positive responses.

I think I'll try and take the positive points in that. As it stand at the moment I have an oem bonnet that has been 'pro' sprayed and its friggin' terrible. I also have a Jun Carbon fibre bonnet that has also had a pretty poor paintjob done. I'm not saying I could ever hope to acheive a finish like yourself and Rob do with all of the facilities. But I do have 5000sqft of indoor space, a booth, some great gear and an apprenticeship in veteran and vintage resto, Then worked in a bodyshop for several years so I do have a little bit of experience. This was 15yrs ago when cellulose was 'ok'. It does seem to be assumed that everyone on here without a bodyshop is 16 and has only ever used a halfords rattlecan to smarten up a dull grey flyover.

If money wasn't an issue or I thought that there was anyone around here I would trust I would be getting it done by a pro, as neither of these are likely to happen I'll do it myself.

Thanks for all the positive responses.

Good Comeback!!!!!!! :D

To be honest mate you are far better paying someone like Baldy to do it I did the shuts on my supra trying to save my self some pennies and it only caused more hassle in the end and the finish is no way near to that of what Simon did you get what you pay for and hes doing it day in and day out for years. I was going to buy a air fed mask and that looked really cheap £160 for a devilbliss the bit they don't tell you the extra carbon filiter etc that gets bolted on the wall is £240 so thats £400 quid before you even start the carbon filiter only lasts 3months and its not cheap .