The mkiv Supra Owners Club

White van man hit my supra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

listy

PLEASE DO NOT GO WHITE!!! A pal of mine told me about this thread

Only help I can be with the colour code is that it came from the interior of a DB5 which was never used on an exterior! You will never find a car with the same colour.

It's your car & your choice but the work was carried out by GVN when they were still around & cost me on the +side of £9k, hence why I can't get you the colour code now.

If you need anything else just ask. Post a pic of the damage caused

P.s the Volks you have are the ones originally from my car look in my garage for pic's ;)

PLEASE DO NOT GO WHITE!!! A pal of mine told me about this thread

Only help I can be with the colour code is that it came from the interior of a DB5 which was never used on an exterior! You will never find a car with the same colour.

It's your car & your choice but the work was carried out by GVN when they were still around & cost me on the +side of £9k, hence why I can't get you the colour code now.

If you need anything else just ask. Post a pic of the damage caused

P.s the Volks you have are the ones originally from my car look in my garage for pic's ;)

Unfortunately, as I cant get hold of the paint code, I'm looking at a full respray, and I dont have £9k to spend.

I wanted to go white with my last one, but didnt want to spend that kind of money on an N/A lol. Got a real big thing about white cars! Plus, if I'm getting a full respray done, I want it to be different, not the same, would just seem like nothing had been done if you know what i mean?

At least I've now seen what those wheels will look like on the car, look really good! Mine will have black centres though.

I know a guy at a shop in Bridgwater that would do a full respray for around £1000. Or you could use his shop and paintbooth to prep/paint yourself to save money. And just pay him for supplies and stuff.

Is it not really hard to do your own respray ? i would be scared that i messed it up, cause my uncle used to spray cars so he has all the gear but obviously no booth anymore

Is it not really hard to do your own respray ? i would be scared that i messed it up, cause my uncle used to spray cars so he has all the gear but obviously no booth anymore

Exactly why Im getting it done proffessionally! Got the guy coming round later on his way home to have a look. This guy has had an F40, E-Type for full restoration, a GTR in his shop to paint, so with the feedback from those guys on his website, decided to go with him.

Provisional quote of £1500 for exterior spray including door shuts, excluding engine bay and bonnet. Going to ask him to do the diffuser of the trial rear black too :)